9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle - Feedback

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
ballester_molina
Spotter

Re: 9.3x74R O/U Break Action Rifle - Feedback

Post by ballester_molina »

And again - not permittet for coyotes.There's always a 'catch'.
P\S Don't like the sound.Sounds like a .30R.And safety switch is kinda loud.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

ballester_molina wrote:And again - not permittet for coyotes.There's always a 'catch'.
P\S Don't like the sound.Sounds like a .30R.And safety switch is kinda loud.
So they finally changed the permitted species list to add some consistency. At the last day. Well, if the .30 R couldn't get permitted for neither bison or coyote then the 9.3x74 definately shouldn't be able to shoot coyotes.
Now they just have to cross coyotes from the permitted species list regarding the following rounds: The .300, the 7mm, the 8x57IS and the 9.3x62. All of these can shoot bison and also coyotes - which I guess they shouldn't be able to if there were any kind of sense to it.
Zarpa
Tracker

Post by Zarpa »

In my opinion the whole "Permitted species system" should be reworked. It was designed for a short list of weapons and it was a good concept. But it's not working anymore and with every gun it adds more inconsistecies.

Edit: Amazing work with the new gun. A bit disapointed with the sound but it's ok.
kolobok12
Spotter

Post by kolobok12 »

- My precious... :P

thanks for this rifle...good job!!!
ballester_molina
Spotter

But still i like it.Sounds should be redone. Weapon is reliable.Poor scope selection must be changed too.

Water buff, "frontal shot"
http://prntscr.com/j0vddi
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I don't own it, but looking at the weapon and the allowed animal list animal list, it seems like the .30 R o/u but with the large game allowed (Bison, W.Buffalo) so it make sense to me that it bring only one scope, why? cuz if you buy this one you would not need nor the Wheaterby nor the .30 O/U, but they can mount scopes with more zoom and so more accuracy in very long distance shots...for now.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Zarpa wrote:In my opinion the whole "Permitted species system" should be reworked. It was designed for a short list of weapons and it was a good concept. But it's not working anymore and with every gun it adds more inconsistecies.

Edit: Amazing work with the new gun. A bit disapointed with the sound but it's ok.
I think it's easily fixed actually, but I still agree with you.

Here's what they should do to add sense to it all:

Cross Bison OR Coyote from the list regarding the .300, the 7mm, the 8x57IS and the 9.3x62. (IMO - Take away Bison from the 7mm, and take away Coyote from the rest).
Add Bison OR Coyote to the list regarding the .30R. (IMO - Add Bison and also Banteng).

The rest can stay as is and suddenly there's a clear sense to it all. Other than that the 9.3x74R has a bit more advantage to the permitted species list compared to the rest.
ballester_molina
Spotter

Generalkommendant wrote:
Zarpa wrote:In my opinion the whole "Permitted species system" should be reworked. It was designed for a short list of weapons and it was a good concept. But it's not working anymore and with every gun it adds more inconsistecies.

I think it's easily fixed actually, but I still agree with you.

Here's what they should do to add sense to it all:

Cross Bison OR Coyote from the list regarding the .300, the 7mm, the 8x57IS and the 9.3x62. (IMO - Take away Bison from the 7mm, and take away Coyote from the rest).
Add Bison OR Coyote to the list regarding the .30R. (IMO - Add Bison and also Banteng).

The rest can stay as is and suddenly there's a clear sense to it all. Other than that the 9.3x74R has a bit more advantage to the permitted species list compared to the rest.
I don't think it's a good idea. It's better to have different ammo types in one calibre, depending on hunters needs.(For example: shotguns,muzzleloaders)
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

I really like the New Rifle, but would prefer a Scope like the .30R has and the sound seemed a little weaker than I wished it had. I also prefer the looks of the .30R so may still keep that as my No.1 Weapon.

Wetland
Generalkommendant
Hunter

ballester_molina wrote:I don't think it's a good idea. It's better to have different ammo types in one calibre, depending on hunters needs.(For example: shotguns,muzzleloaders)
Well, that's a whole other chapter. What I'm talking about can be done in a second. It would add consistency.

Return to “General Chat”