Three Horned Bandits (UHC Competition)

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Re: Three Horned Bandits (UHC Competition)

Post by SoftShoe »

Seifer wrote:My computer/settings. Spent over 3 hours on WRR earlier without issue.
I run at max everything so just tried a hunt on WRR with minimum everything. Got a DX crash after 30min.

Dayem Kev! Permanent stands & everything up there! You take BH hunting serious!

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

caledonianblues wrote:
KingKong1 wrote:The problems we have now look very much the same as before: Mapping memory in Windows.Maybe changes have been made that make the previous fix not work any longer?
The "fix" was always going to be a temporary solution. If memory is not properly managed within the client (and I'm not saying that's the case) then crashes will be inevitable. I think it's linked to the option for extended audio memory. On my gaming laptop with that option disabled I get the ridiculous fog horn sound and no issues. With it enabled the audio is fine but the client behaves really strange, e.g. unable to harvest random animals, stuttering when client-to-backend interaction occurs, achievements and mission completion announcements popping up at random times, even before I move or shoot animals, etc.
I'm afraid David might be right. I just played 90 minutes on WRR without a crash, BUT after a few minutes I realized that animals weren't spooking properly. I could run right up to hares, arctic foxes and sitka deer and they would only spook once I'm closer than 10 meters, if ever. I don't know if this is in connection with this specific reserve (just returned from holidays and it was my first game since 3 weeks), but I could imagine it is a problem with WRR. Or did anyone else notice it on other reserves too? I'm not talking about the occasional glitch, every animal in my hunt was moose dumb or worse!

Doesn't feel much like hunting... which is the reason why I'll skip that competition, I'm afraid. I got a pretty decent 182 dall sheep with a heart shot from 15 meters, but even though I sneaked close to that ram, it probably would've fled without the bug.

I would strongly advise any competition hosts to avoid WRR at the moment. We don't know how long it'll take EW to understand and fix the problem. Sorry Kevin, but it was a great idea and I wish good luck to everyone who's able to play WRR normally at the moment! :)
Image Image Image
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

SoftShoe wrote:Dayem Kev! Permanent stands & everything up there! You take BH hunting serious!
Haha :lol:

I never use them though lol, atm they're just there to look cool :P
Tanngnjostr wrote: Sorry Kevin, but it was a great idea and I wish good luck to everyone who's able to play WRR normally at the moment! :)
Thanks Marc, i sent in the comp to UCH in the end of Feb/beginning of March, and i though one month would be enough for EW to fix the issues :(

I might host the same comp again (Maybe with some small changes) as it seems that people liked the idea (almost 60 participants, which i think is awesome). But if that happens it will be when the reserves playable :D

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I can confirm the rams spooked for me. I run max settings everything-I did try it lowered the other day and couldn't stand it, I'm too used to running high - and boy there's a double entendre :lol:. I never did have the train horn or fire whistle or whatever it s either- but I'm just a simple man that does things the old fashioned way that's been forgotten and outdated :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

SoftShoe wrote:I have very similar experiences hunting them. Definitely one of the more frustrating species to hunt for sure! I can kinda see why EW did like they did with the BH. IRL hunting them most of the challenge lies in getting to them then pulling off a long shot in tricky wind conditions. Hard to replicate that here so they instead made them harder to find.
If it's raining and the wind is howling, hunting BH is even harder. There is no chance to hear anything, especially if you are even the tiniest bit hard of hearing. The run & gun types, just spook them out to 150 meters, then shoot them long distance. Its really frustrating crawling for 100 meters, and just as you are about to catch up, and maybe have a chance, either the birds show up, or it starts raining. Same with the Ibex, although they are much easier to track and see.

TGT was released in October of 2016, and I can honestly say I have never been able to track a Grizzly, Rocky Mountain Elk, Mule Deer, or Wolf from the first track found to the animal. If they go through the long grass in the sunlight, it can't be done, except by stumbling over the tracks by pure luck.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

In our "for what it's worth dept", after several crashes early today, I turned off Windows update, and turned off some unneeded background services. My next hunt was almost 3.5 hrs real time, with no problems. Well except for no HUGE Rams.
Spoiler:
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

INTIMID883R wrote:In our "for what it's worth dept", after several crashes early today, I turned off Windows update, and turned off some unneeded background services. My next hunt was almost 3.5 hrs real time, with no problems. Well except for no HUGE Rams.
Now that you mention it. I use RazerCortex and it does shut some things off when I play. Windows Updates is one of them.
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

I've been trying to submit the following score: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/lamp ... /599561771 , but it says that my hunt lasted less than 45 minutes although it lasted about an hour and a half : https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/lamp ... n/80629440 .
I don't know if the fact that the game has crashed has something to do with it but it definitely lasted more than 45 minutes. :(
Please check and tell me what can i do to submit my score!
Thank you for a great competition and for your help on this! :)
I also tried to submit other scores from the same hunt but it says the same thing when trying to verify score: hunt lasted less than 45 minutes.
What worries me is that after less than three hours i wont be able to submit it anyway because of the three hour after hunt criteria! :(
Last edited by Lamphunter on April 3rd, 2018, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Lamphunter wrote:I've been trying to submit the following score: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/lamp ... /599561771 , but it says that my hunt lasted less than 45 minutes although it lasted about an hour and a half : https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/lamp ... n/80629440 .
I don't know if the fact that the game has crashed has something to do with it but it definitely lasted more than 45 minutes. :(
If Tod sees this he will probably put it in for you, as i can't see anything wrong with the hunt/animal :)

Glad you like the comp :)

Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

kevin2106 wrote:
Lamphunter wrote:I've been trying to submit the following score: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/lamp ... /599561771 , but it says that my hunt lasted less than 45 minutes although it lasted about an hour and a half : https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/lamp ... n/80629440 .
If Tod sees this he will probably put it in for you, as i can't see anything wrong with the hunt/animal :)

Glad you like the comp :)
Thank you so much!
What worries me though is that after less than three hours i wont be able to submit it anyway because of the three hour after hunt criteria! :(

Return to “Competitions”