Re: Status Update - 22nd March 2018

Post by bk91604 »

Thanks for the Update
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Thanks for the update.

I bought recently some DLC's for other game, so I'm less active here on the forum, and play less the Hunter.

But... Can someone comment on current Sambar and Rusa situation? Is it worth to go to PB, or better still wait a little bit longer? ;)

Best wishes to all!
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Sherab86 wrote:Thanks for the update.

I bought recently some DLC's for other game, so I'm less active here on the forum, and play less the Hunter.

But... Can someone comment on current Sambar and Rusa situation? Is it worth to go to PB, or better still wait a little bit longer? ;)

Best wishes to all!
Honestly, it’s tough to say. Speaking from my own experience since this patch, I’ve killed a really nice Sambar Deer buck, but the score ended up 208. Have no idea if it’s any good or not. There hasn’t been much of a discussion nor any indication from EW exactly what they did. I have noticed a couple of bigger looking Rusa Deer, but haven’t gotten a shot at one. Now, this is just speculation from my own experience, but I think there were some slight changes to the Rusa antlers, but as said scoring for both is still kind of unknown. Here is the Sambar Deer I was talkin about:

So it’s kind of up to you. The Banteng and Water Buffalo seem ok, but really not sure about the Rusa and Sambar.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
Sherab86 wrote:Thanks for the update.

Best wishes to all!
Honestly, it’s tough to say. Speaking from my own experience since this patch, I’ve killed a really nice Sambar Deer buck, but the score ended up 208. Have no idea if it’s any good or not. There hasn’t been much of a discussion nor any indication from EW exactly what they did. I have noticed a couple of bigger looking Rusa Deer, but haven’t gotten a shot at one. Now, this is just speculation from my own experience, but I think there were some slight changes to the Rusa antlers, but as said scoring for both is still kind of unknown. Here is the Sambar Deer I was talkin about:

So it’s kind of up to you. The Banteng and Water Buffalo seem ok, but really not sure about the Rusa and Sambar.
IMO they have definitely nerfed the scores. That stag you have BnB is almost the top end of the weight category (I know weight is not calculated in score, but the animal has to be able to support the larger rack) and scores 208. Saw another one killed yesterday that weighed 474kg and only scored 215. A week ago, both of these would have been over 300.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Yeah the scoring on them is confusing at the moment. I know in the patch notes it was stated that the spotting info for scoring may be a off still, which is fine (to a point) because spotting info is not final score lol. And we can’t rely on the leaderboards to see what is big and what is not as there are still scores from this season, before they bugged out. With no word from EW on what exactly they changed in this patch as far as scoring for the Rusa and Sambar, it’s basically a shot in the dark. All I know is if it’s tall, antlers are brown with red tips, shoot it as those are the top tiers. But the overall scoring on them just still doesn’t seem right. And at the moment, there is no definitive way to tell.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

I don't think we should expect the scoring to be the same as it was. When the scores went over 300, they scored way to high compared to real life. IRL the max score is around 230 points i think (I don't know what measurment is used on them).

I have seen some Rusa's that looked bigger than normal, but not something really big so far.

Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Ok, thanks for info.

I guess, I'll wait till new season, then.

Good virtual hunting! :)
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Sherab86 wrote:Ok, thanks for info.

I guess, I'll wait till new season, then.

Good virtual hunting! :)
Me too. This will probably go over but in a way it feels ruined. I mean; if you have a score already that can't be beaten it doesn't matter what season it is. I could actually care less for what the IRL scores are and care more for that the scores matched the antler size instead. But this feeling will probably pass, as said.
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Omg, I have not just hibernated for a long time, I must actually have slept very hard! That new camera in the livestream on twitch 22.Mars, I saw that just now. I'm trying to heal my bleeding stomach due to stress, but this camera toy just ripped everything appart down here. Many good arguments in the stream, and I want to add one more thing. This must be the ultimate tool to find the best tree for stationary treestands! Well I think I have tested out most of the trees in EHR, but it probably come more maps in the future. Okay, not only treestands, but for all stationary equippments as well.

Is this new Camera going to be awailable in such a way that we may use it for this kind of purpose? :-)

BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Of course not!
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”