Sambar Vs 7x64mm ???

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Re: Sambar Vs 7x64mm ???

Post by Nathan112244 »

Generalkommendant wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:looks like my sambar made another appearance if this isnt a back of the head brain shot then idk what is

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1339928987
Hahaha! Trophy of the week? Walking dead? The power of aspirin? No, it's not fun... :lol:
dude ive been tracking a monster sambar since i sent that picture this one has to be over 300, and i need to drop it
Nathan22Outdoors
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

Yeah, this gun needs some tweaking, it's too weak.
Tried my luck in a competition, starting with Sambar. Shot one in the neck under 10m from a treestand, body shot, never found him. Another try, I shot one from the tower directly in the chest at close range, he ran away and needed 3 more shots before he died. Hit zones seem to be off too.
Here's where the fun ends. Good luck.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

never ended up getting the monster sambar.. this rifle and this comp is nothing but a waste of my time
Nathan22Outdoors
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

I was practicing on the RFF lodge with a white tail target at 70mts, with the .243 got double lungs penetration every time, but this one only one lunge and bone... how did this one got a bigger game added to the ethical list? it seem underpowered for something more than WT, but the multiple shots make it for a good weapon for yotes and mid/small game, and a multipurpose in Loggers Point.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I agree with a lot of things MooseHunter330 said.
I find it silly using a rifle at close range to even get a vital, if I wanted something for close range I'd use a shotgun or handgun/bow the list goes on but a rifle at close range...why :? (muzzle loaders different obviously)

This gun is .284 Caliber so if anything it should perform a tad bit more powerful than the .270 rifle.
However what I'm hearing and seeing from peoples results say otherwise.
Wish everyone good luck with the comp, looks like you'll need it. :lol:
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Nathan112244 wrote:never ended up getting the monster sambar.. this rifle and this comp is nothing but a waste of my time
I saw the reviews, the live stream and what ravenousfox said about it and then it was clear for me. If a 6.5x55 clearly is stronger than the 7x64, how much time will I be spending swearing when my targets don't drop for the 100% HV rule? It was a no go from the very beginning.
Sorry about your monster. They need to buff it. And after the comp is over there's a chance they will. Considering the lack of results in the comp (which has an unusually generous deadline too to top it all off). Otherwise it'll forever become a dust collector. And we already have enough of those. :D
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Generalkommendant wrote:Otherwise it'll forever become a dust collector. And we already have enough of those. :D
.30-30 cough, cough. :P :lol:
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Ravenousfox wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:Otherwise it'll forever become a dust collector. And we already have enough of those. :D
.30-30 cough, cough. :P :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
And there we have it! That wraps it up. That's all folks. Let's get out of here. :lol:
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Generalkommendant wrote:
Nathan112244 wrote:never ended up getting the monster sambar.. this rifle and this comp is nothing but a waste of my time
I saw the reviews, the live stream and what ravenousfox said about it and then it was clear for me. If a 6.5x55 clearly is stronger than the 7x64, how much time will I be spending swearing when my targets don't drop for the 100% HV rule? It was a no go from the very beginning.
Sorry about your monster. They need to buff it. And after the comp is over there's a chance they will. Considering the lack of results in the comp (which has an unusually generous deadline too to top it all off). Otherwise it'll forever become a dust collector. And we already have enough of those. :D
This gun and these hunts have just ruined my night so might go back for revenge with the 340. a gun that is acually usefull
Nathan22Outdoors
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Watched some You tube videos on the cartridge and as we thought, it is more than powerful enough IRL for its species list. However in game, it has issues . So far a waste of EMS when tied to the cost of the scope. Good luck for the comp hunters.

Return to “General Chat”