Game Update - 21st March 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Re: Game Update - 21st March 2018

Post by MooseHunter330 »

The 7x64 was originally derived from the 8x64S, a cartridge created by Wilhelm Brenneke to compete with the American .30-06 in a sporting rifle.
The 7x64 is an 8x64S case necked down to 7mm (obviously). HOWEVER. It was originally intended to work with a 177 grain bullet, the "TIG" or "Torpedo Ideal Geschoss" (Torpedo Ideal Bullet).
This bullet makes it ideally suited for nearly all game in Europe.
Putting a 135gr. bullet on there is simply MISSING THE POINT of the round. This limits it severely in shooting larger game.

(Brenneke TIG)
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

"Known issues: The biggest antler sizes for Rusa and Sambar might show incorrect spotting information". Might? Or will? This is confusing in itself, but a little extra confusing when the SU also says, "Changes: Slight adjustments to min and max score for Rusa Deer and Sambar Deer"

Also, does anyone know what the prize(s) was for completing the St. Patrick's Day mission?(collecting 15 pots-o-gold) Was it just the green top hat, or was it the hat and something else?

Thanks!
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

outrider wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:
I mainly want this tested because if it can't hit the brain on the Moose decoys 80m out then it's the same as the .308 imo.
Permitted list is the exact same as the .308
without the scope it show a body hit...while with the .300 w/scope it show a skull/ brain hit..

so, no other scope will attach to the new rifle :evil: ....i want my money back :cry: ....this is becoming a habit, ain't it :roll: ...going to lose revenue doing this...at least from me :roll: ....
Not just you brother.
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

J_Birdman wrote:"Known issues: The biggest antler sizes for Rusa and Sambar might show incorrect spotting information". Might? Or will? This is confusing in itself, but a little extra confusing when the SU also says, "Changes: Slight adjustments to min and max score for Rusa Deer and Sambar Deer"

Also, does anyone know what the prize(s) was for completing the St. Patrick's Day mission?(collecting 15 pots-o-gold) Was it just the green top hat, or was it the hat and something else?

Thanks!
Just the cool little trophy.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

J_Birdman wrote:"Known issues: The biggest antler sizes for Rusa and Sambar might show incorrect spotting information". Might? Or will? This is confusing in itself, but a little extra confusing when the SU also says, "Changes: Slight adjustments to min and max score for Rusa Deer and Sambar Deer"

Thanks!
The green hat + 1500gms

TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

Villkatta wrote:

Thanks!
The green hat + 1500gms
yeah you're right I was purley thinking a consumable item reward.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Guys why don't you guys get out and actually shoot some animals with it? instead of complaining about it getting body hits at the range. It might not on actual animals. It might be the range and the weapon not co-operating very well, not the rifle itself. See if you get the

Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

It's weak, I don't recommend it to anyone.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

kevin2106 wrote:Guys why don't you guys get out and actually shoot some animals with it? instead of complaining about it getting body hits at the range. It might not on actual animals. It might be the range and the weapon not co-operating very well, not the rifle itself. See if you get the
Muldo has though. (in this thred, page 3)
It's the rifle m8. :lol:
muldo wrote:New rifle trialled on Bushrangers and I'm afraid it is weak against feral hogs. Haven't had a lung hit at any pig over 50m. Not great so far.
Last edited by Ravenousfox on March 21st, 2018, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

kevin2106 wrote:Guys why don't you guys get out and actually shoot some animals with it?
I did. I'm quite familiar with kangaroos, shot over 2,000 over them and the first one I killed at 200m was a body shot (he ran for 25m), with most other weapons he would have dropped on the spot where I aimed. Imagine if it had been a red deer, elk or hog. I don't recommend this weak sauce.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”