Status Update - 15th March 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Status Update - 15th March 2018

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Levado wrote:
WRR Issues

We have still not been able to reproduce the issues on our end.
Could it be related to running out of video ram on 2GB graphics cards? I use an 8GB card and I hunted a lot on that map lately and haven't had a single crash.
Good point. Since they fixed the sound, no issues on WRR. Using a 6GB card.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
dools24
Tracker

Post by dools24 »

Conch wrote:When did they stop doing the tiered St. Patrick's day competitions that consisted of a bunch of animals and you competed against other hunters in your skill bracket? Those were so much fun!
I wish they bring back division comps they use to do a few a year now none, a lot better then these holiday events comps
AngelOne63
Tracker

Post by AngelOne63 »

Hello, good weekend and good St. Patrick's Day to all ... (and under with beer ...)
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
Levado wrote:
WRR Issues

We have still not been able to reproduce the issues on our end.
Could it be related to running out of video ram on 2GB graphics cards? I use an 8GB card and I hunted a lot on that map lately and haven't had a single crash.
Not a definitive cause as I only have an older unit with only 1.5gb of active vid card capacity and have never experienced any problem on WRR.
No crashes, no lag, no sound issues.

Acer Aspire M1470, 2.4 Quad core, 8 gb ram, Win7 home premium 64 bit.
1 gb 6550D plus 500 mb 6570 AMD RADION Dual Graphics run in crossfire.
All settings on high, Shadows low, Frame speeds 35 to 45 constant.
Resolution 1360 x768 at 60 hz. on a LG 32 inch Tv screen.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

well the old memory leak bug used to do this which pretty boy and david solved.i did wonder if it had krept back in.i been on whiterime quite a bit and had no crashes previously at 4k when that bug was about you couldnt last more than 1 minute before crashing.so i cant see it being that.sound could be related.as we did have a recent sound issue.maybe something related to that or the fix caused this issue.

i wonder who gets crashes do you have the extended memory ticked in launcher yes or no ?

hmmm...something in latest build and fraps.take a screenshot with f10 = crash.everytime this was on bushrangers.this wasnt happening the previous build.f10 everytime for screen shot = instant crash then search for diagnostic tool to check drivers.
Last edited by ronMctube on March 17th, 2018, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:
Levado wrote:Could it be related to running out of video ram on 2GB graphics cards? I use an 8GB card and I hunted a lot on that map lately and haven't had a single crash.
Not a definitive cause as I only have an older unit with only 1.5gb of active vid card capacity and have never experienced any problem on WRR.
No crashes, no lag, no sound issues.

Acer Aspire M1470, 2.4 Quad core, 8 gb ram, Win7 home premium 64 bit.
1 gb 6550D plus 500 mb 6570 AMD RADION Dual Graphics run in crossfire.
All settings on high, Shadows low, Frame speeds 35 to 45 constant.
Resolution 1360 x768 at 60 hz. on a LG 32 inch Tv screen.
DTMB & Ron

I never got crashes on WR until a few weeks ago.
I was never bothered by the sound issue also.
My playing time is well over 2+ hours when it does crash, I've had 3 crashes.
Anything related should be addressed in the post where Kiwi had put it in the update.
As for now they can't reproduce it,.. so any information at all should be posted there.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

okay i think there is somekind of memory leak .

on bushrangers run.this live build.using fraps to take a screenshot. using f10. a crash will occur instantly at 4k resolution.no other resolutions will this happen ! i tried same settings at 1920x1080, 2560x1440, 3840 x 2160.

this didnt happen previous build of this game. this is what used to happen when the original memory leak was fixed by david and pretty boy exactly ! gunna try whiterime next .also rebind fraps to take screenshot to different key.

tried this at the resolution crashing every time. use extended sound memory tried on and off.makes no difference to the crash.

okay it isnt related to the reserves as it happens on all reserves i tried upto yet.

okay weird.after reboot pc.trying fraps again now it works fine at 4k. :?

all drivers are upto date checked and digitally signed.no issue.very odd.the thing that strikes me though is how it was only crashing at 4k.which taking a screenshot would use more memory or linked in someway.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

ronMctube wrote:okay i think there is somekind of memory leak .

on bushrangers run.this live build.using fraps to take a screenshot. using f10. a crash will occur instantly at 4k resolution.no other resolutions will this happen ! i tried same settings at 1920x1080, 2560x1440, 3840 x 2160.

this didnt happen previous build of this game. this is what used to happen when the original memory leak was fixed by david and pretty boy exactly ! gunna try whiterime next .also rebind fraps to take screenshot to different key.

tried this at the resolution crashing every time. use extended sound memory tried on and off.makes no difference to the crash.

okay it isnt related to the reserves as it happens on all reserves i tried upto yet.

okay weird.after reboot pc.trying fraps again now it works fine at 4k. :?

all drivers are upto date checked and digitally signed.no issue.very odd.the thing that strikes me though is how it was only crashing at 4k.which taking a screenshot would use more memory or linked in someway.
This may sound odd,.. you said after reboot pc it was ok?
I wonder if they set a certain amount of space for it somewhere in the pre-cache game files?
So when you restart you are set at that amount until it is used up or lost.
I know that none of the other maps make my game get an error file crash like WR does.
And I mostly use Nvidia G-force experience to capture the screen except when I take a trophy shot sometimes...........
but I relatively save smaller sizes out of habit :D
If they figure this out then maybe they can have bigger resolutions for the in-game camera.......... :P
This is not totally related IMO,.. but the trophy shot doesn't save to the game gallery 100% of the time, but saves a copy to the PC, and one of their other files. (3 copies altogether is taken I believe)
which usually happens in the transition of files.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”