Wolves ruined Rocky Mountain Elk A.I?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Granti
Hunter

Re: Wolves ruined Rocky Mountain Elk A.I?

Post by Granti »

i also think that the big problem is the amount of wolves; with a reduction it would probably solve the biggest issues with elk
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I think TGT is one of the best maps. I truly enjoy hunting it. The wolves I dont see as much of an issue. Sure they spook animals on ocassion for me as well but its not a big deal.

Then again I havent had a 400+ RME spook from wolves yet. I am sure soon as that happens I will be raging as well :lol:

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Granti wrote:i also think that the big problem is the amount of wolves; with a reduction it would probably solve the biggest issues with elk
How about just a reduction in the Random Chasing of the Wolves?
That is what causes the Wolves to act like that, and a lot players think of it as an adverse problem to hunting Wolves.
And I don't have a problem with it,... some Wolves come to the call right away and when the rest of the Wolves finish their chasing the Elk they finally come to my call,..
but I have to keep calling.
I've watched it happen a lot, if you stay put in a TS when you get close to packs of them within calling range, and you can watch what they do.
They even return if they get spooked while shooting others with a Bow,.. to finally take them all out.
It works like clockwork.................. :D
What's really nice if more packs keep coming & calling by the area your set-up in.
If I am close enough to a Wolfpack without spooking them putting up a TS, then I know I am in the right spot to start to hunt them,..
no matter if they're chasing Elk or not.
BTW,....I usually have the best luck around the center of the map hunting Wolves.

As you can see 1 players crutch can be another players advantage,... but....

It's the male Grizzly Bear hunting that really is aggravating IMO.............. For the most part it is a larger percentage of the bears that flee.
They flee,... and even with the wind at your face, they flee, and even how slow you track them, they flee, when you get to within 150 yards
they flee, and when you are in the bumpy hills or woods it's hard to see them that far away from you,...
only when there is a clear view of 200 meters can you spot them and maybe get a shot off.....
I don't get it for the most part that the female bears readily attack..... and they don't have cubs in the game,.. so that theory is out the window.
Sorry for going off topic but this is TT, It would seem that the Grizzlies would stop and take advantage of all the Elk carcasses to feed on
and we would at least get a chance to get close when they are feeding......
So much for reality again............ and a really thought out feature of animal behavior should have been implemented instead when they were thinking of doing this.
To get my quota of Grizzly Bears it will take a lot longer time to fill now,...
I just hope the game is still here by 2025......................... :roll:

So shouldn't features be thought out more thoroughly to make all hunters enjoy the game better?
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Here are some videos that show how Grizzlies will take advantage of an easy animal carcass meal.
Enjoy!

Return to “General Chat”