The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
1Al
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 1st March 2018

Post by 1Al »

outrider wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
gas56 wrote:
I guess you were playing a different game than I do.............. ;)
probably.
sounds like your playing COTW.....they have some mean a$$ bears, moose and buffalo in that game.... :lol:
That's for sure. But this is theHunter classic forum.
kevin, even before they got broken, some of them fled. Some could vanish others could charge you if you chased them again. Now we know before their behavior, on the basis of their gender and weight. So, before their behavior was less predictable and boring.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

1Al wrote:
outrider wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
probably.
sounds like your playing COTW.....they have some mean a$$ bears, moose and buffalo in that game.... :lol:
That's for sure. But this is theHunter classic forum.
kevin, even before they got broken, some of them fled. Some could vanish others could charge you if you chased them again. Now we know before their behavior, on the basis of their gender and weight. So, before their behavior was less predictable and boring.
I’m still standing by what i’ve said. I’ve never had a bear spook before they got broken. Maybe it happened to you guys, but never to me. No reason to tell me i play a different game just because i’ve had a different experience than you. People have different hunting tactics and that might play a role.

outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

the most times i'v been attack by bears in the classic, was in the period of time they were released. now the only time i get attack is when i stumble across them asleep. thanks to the roaring, i get a warning as to their location....most are taken with a long shot...(no way do i want them to get close.... :lol: )

Kevin, no one saying your playing a different game, just saying "it sound like"..but, we know your playing 'the classic'.. :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

Welcome to the team Josh!!! Thank you for taking time away from singing for the Smashing Pumpkins to work with us on that special place in our hearts we call Thehunter Classic. T.H.C is the best :D
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

outrider wrote:the most times i'v been attack by bears in the classic, was in the period of time they were released. now the only time i get attack is when i stumble across them asleep. thanks to the roaring, i get a warning as to their location....most are taken with a long shot...(no way do i want them to get close.... :lol: )
The most fun attack by grizzly bear I experienced with theHunter, was with "old" bears of course. I was standing about to shoot with 45/70, a big male grizzly 50m in front of me, when I heard a big angry roar exactly behind me, but I didnt want to lose that trophy, which was almost in the center of the aiming, I dont use scope with 45/70. So I keept on aiming, then I heard the footsteps behind me getting closer and closer. At that point I shot and killed the bears in front of me, then I turned to see and the other bear was already fleeing :) Too much fun moments with theHunter and "old" Grizzly Bears.
Last edited by 1Al on March 5th, 2018, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

1Al wrote:
outrider wrote:the most times i'v been attack by bears in the classic, was in the period of time they were released. now the only time i get attack is when i stumble across them asleep. thanks to the roaring, i get a warning as to their location....most are taken with a long shot...(no way do i want them to get close.... :lol: )
The most fun attack by grizzly bear I experienced with theHunter, was with "old" bears of course. I was standing about to shoot with 45/70, a big male grizzly 50m in front of me, when I heard a big angry roar exactly behind me, but I didnt want to lose that trophy, which was almost in the center of the aiming, I dont use scope with 45/70. So I keept on aiming, then I heard the footsteps behind me getting closer and closer. At that point I shot and killed the bears in front of me, then I turned to see and the other bear was already feeing :) Too much fun moments with theHunter and "old" Grizzly Bears.
come across similar situation with moose.....heart pounding, ain't it........ :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

1Al wrote:
The most fun attack by grizzly bear I experienced with theHunter, was with "old" bears of course. I was standing about to shoot with 45/70, a big male grizzly 50m in front of me, when I heard a big angry roar exactly behind me, but I didnt want to lose that trophy, which was almost in the center of the aiming, I dont use scope with 45/70. So I keept on aiming, then I heard the footsteps behind me getting closer and closer. At that point I shot and killed the bears in front of me, then I turned to see and the other bear was already fleeing :) Too much fun moments with theHunter and "old" Grizzly Bears.
Yeah I miss the panicking when you'd hear it start roaring. You start doing circles real fast trying to pin point where he's at with the surround sound. Then you see him come over a hill. Grizzly bears hunt humans, they should made a certain amount scared and a certain amount that are just killers, not scared of anything. I haven't seen a grizzlo in a while but I haven't tried hunting them since they started running like a stray cat.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

TrueshotM wrote:
1Al wrote:
Yeah I miss the panicking when you'd hear it start roaring. You start doing circles real fast trying to pin point where he's at with the surround sound. Then you see him come over a hill. Grizzly bears hunt humans, they should made a certain amount scared and a certain amount that are just killers, not scared of anything. I haven't seen a grizzlo in a while but I haven't tried hunting them since they started running like a stray cat.
I'll never understand their unsuccessful choice to spoil TT, the best reserve of TH.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

1Al wrote:
TrueshotM wrote:
1Al wrote: The most fun attack by grizzly bear I experienced with theHunter, was with "old" bears of course. I was standing about to shoot with 45/70, a big male grizzly 50m in front of me, when I heard a big angry roar exactly behind me, but I didnt want to lose that trophy, which was almost in the center of the aiming, I dont use scope with 45/70. So I keept on aiming, then I heard the footsteps behind me getting closer and closer. At that point I shot and killed the bears in front of me, then I turned to see and the other bear was already fleeing :) Too much fun moments with theHunter and "old" Grizzly Bears.
I'll never understand their unsuccessful choice to spoil TT, the best reserve of TH.
Yeah, putting the birds on there killed it for me, along with HEM and VDB.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
1Al wrote:
TrueshotM wrote: Yeah I miss the panicking when you'd hear it start roaring. You start doing circles real fast trying to pin point where he's at with the surround sound. Then you see him come over a hill. Grizzly bears hunt humans, they should made a certain amount scared and a certain amount that are just killers, not scared of anything. I haven't seen a grizzlo in a while but I haven't tried hunting them since they started running like a stray cat.
Yeah, putting the birds on there killed it for me, along with HEM and VDB.
I used to get the ptarmigan calls on Hem...now I have a bird mission to get a call from each bird species and I've spent hours hanging around those dang birds on HEM and they will never call for me now that I need the gms and have collected calls from all the others.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”