Status Update - 1st March 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
SPRK85
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 1st March 2018

Post by SPRK85 »

Pittie wrote:I think instead of a new lodge it would make more sense to create a feature to place the trophy shots into the picture frames. :?
Well, that would be the only way to have some sort of rememberance to some of the giants of the past... I feel sorry for not having any momento of this boy
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/SPRK ... /263816149

Well, other than the photo... but it still deserves a better spot than just "gallery"; it was nr1 some time ago... can't even remember which season (16 apparently)
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

gas56 wrote:
HunterVK wrote:
1Al wrote:aggressive females in attacking mode, the males instead, still very scared.
only small females R aggressive , males still spook at more than 100m especially big ones.
They should make Grizzlies a lot more sneaky and attack you without no pre-attack stance.
If Grizzlies know you're tracking them a long time they can usually pick up on it and circle behind you, and surprise the heck out of you when they do it.
I don't think the animals are any smarter in the game, IMO EW just tweaked the animals to spook at relatively longer distances.
Exactly what you said, they should make bears smarter that way, not in scared pansy way. Maybe the present one is for them the simplest solution? It's no good solution at all. And no realistc, too. The present males seem to have a radar and they at 150m just think about running away, that's not smart.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Grizzlies stalking humans is almost unheard of guys. Attacks are usually because they were startled or they are protecting their young. So to implement your suggested idea would be unlikely.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Thanks for the SU TK,

And especially for keeping us informed about the WRR and PB issues - much appreciated!

The new lodge looks really nice - I really like those wall mounts for the birds, might have to get one for my PB, BRR & RB animals!
(But seriously, "an outdoor balcony, complete with BBQ and greenhouse"? Unless we can stuff trophies in that greenhouse, why??)

And a warm welcome to Josh!

1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

TreeKiwi wrote:So to implement your suggested idea would be unlikely.
Unlikely (and foolish) such as the present, scared male grizzlies.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Status Update - 1st March 2018

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

TreeKiwi wrote:Grizzlies stalking humans is almost unheard of guys. Attacks are usually because they were startled or they are protecting their young. So to implement your suggested idea would be unlikely.
What about the sissy Polar Bears then? They are so wrong in the game right now it’s not even funny. They used to have a stalking mechanic, but as usual around when the change was made to make them legal all -time, that mechanic disappeared. And then the “fix” came, and now Polar Bears act the same as Grizzlies as in the males all run and the small females can attack. I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, Polar Bears are the largest carnivorous mammals on Earth, and they have absolutely no fear of humans. Humans are prey to Polar Bears, so even a human approaching won’t make a giant male Polar Bear flee in terror from over 100m away. In fact, quite the opposite. That bear sees that human approaching, its gonna come for it, and it would be in the human’s best interest to either hide, run, or get ready to fight. The Polar Bear knows exactly what is gonna do. In the game, the Polar Bears should be the most aggressive animal we have. It should not be a nice quiet walk in the snow in Polar Bear country. The player should be on watch, as if a Polar Bear sees you or catches your scent he begins stalking you. Polar Bears of all sizes, be it small females to large males, should be aggressive and dangerous, with the males being the most aggressive as they are the undisputed Kings of the Tundra. These animals take on giant walruses and seals, and these prey animals are FAR bigger than the bear. But here in the game they are terrorized by a puny human?

A few reads:

http://www.heavemedia.com/2013/02/04/re ... olar-bear/
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Grizzlies stalking humans is almost unheard of guys. Attacks are usually because they were startled or they are protecting their young. So to implement your suggested idea would be unlikely.
What about the sissy Polar Bears then? They are so wrong in the game right now it’s not even funny. They used to have a stalking mechanic, but as usual around when the change was made to make them legal all -time, that mechanic disappeared. And then the “fix” came, and now Polar Bears act the same as Grizzlies as in the males all run and the small females can attack. I’ve said before and I’ll say it again, Polar Bears are the largest carnivorous mammals on Earth, and they have absolutely no fear of humans. Humans are prey to Polar Bears, so even a human approaching won’t make a giant male Polar Bear flee in terror from over 100m away. In fact, quite the opposite. That bear sees that human approaching, its gonna come for it, and it would be in the human’s best interest to either hide, run, or get ready to fight. The Polar Bear knows exactly what is gonna do. In the game, the Polar Bears should be the most aggressive animal we have. It should not be a nice quiet walk in the snow in Polar Bear country. The player should be on watch, as if a Polar Bear sees you or catches your scent he begins stalking you. Polar Bears of all sizes, be it small females to large males, should be aggressive and dangerous, with the males being the most aggressive as they are the undisputed Kings of the Tundra. These animals take on giant walruses and seals, and these prey animals are FAR bigger than the bear. But here in the game they are terrorized by a puny human?

A few reads:

http://www.heavemedia.com/2013/02/04/re ... olar-bear/
Very good point, you nailed it! I read the link too. When they figure that bit out? :roll:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

I did not say anything about polar bears, it was in reference to Grizzly bears. People starting to talk about behaviors that are not a common trait for them. I went live and shot two on Thursday with bows, I really do not see the problem with them.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

TreeKiwi wrote:I did not say anything about polar bears, it was in reference to Grizzly bears. People starting to talk about behaviors that are not a common trait for them. I went live and shot two on Thursday with bows, I really do not see the problem with them.
Surely for grizzly males to have a radar, is not a common trait of bears :mrgreen:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

TreeKiwi wrote:I did not say anything about polar bears, it was in reference to Grizzly bears. People starting to talk about behaviors that are not a common trait for them. I went live and shot two on Thursday with bows, I really do not see the problem with them.
It is a known trait if you stay on the track of a big ole male Grizzly Bear, even though it many not be known by everyone.
That would make the game more interesting for those big cunning bears, I really don't expect that in the game as that would be out of theHunters realm of creation & imagination.
Now,... for a reality check just how many hunters track Grizzly bears?........ but you can track them in the game....... ;)
There may be many things in the game that aren't done IRL by IRL hunters.
Go shoot a bunch of Grizzlies in the game and see where we are getting our observations and recommendations.
When the game starts falling off the fun end of the hunting spectrum,.. and nothing tends to work the way players like it then I guess a legitimate response is in order and
nobody can put one over on us politely said. Some of us have been around before Personal Computers were and all the games that came with them.
So in the tradition of working with the player base of theHunter which I have seen a lot of suggestions implemented into the game because,...
grant it, we can come up with some terrific ideas that makes the game the best it can be for everyone.
Last edited by gas56 on March 3rd, 2018, 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”