Status Update - 23rd February 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 23rd February 2018

Post by FR_Bugs »

Zycho wrote:I have a question referring to manly man event 2018: Is every weapon allowed? What does "competitions-815-descriptionShort" mean?
I notice the same thing in the French Langage version, report bug done.
If you check the english version, the description is OK. It's the same thing for all the Manly Man comps
Zycho
Spotter

Post by Zycho »

Patrick Enz wrote:
Zycho wrote:I have a question referring to manly man event 2018: Is every weapon allowed? What does "competitions-815-descriptionShort" mean?
Hello Zycho, could you try clearing your local launcher and game cache under settings in the launcher? We can't seem to replicate the localisation bug on our side.
I did and restarted...still doesn't work :(
http://fs1.directupload.net/images/180223/9dki324s.jpg
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/180223/9dnrdkfm.jpg

P.S.: Thank you FR_Bugs, i'll try the english language version!!

update: english version works!!

Follow our crew on instagram
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
  • WRR crashing issues are addressed in the SU.
    Missed that one sorry
  • So is the Manly Man event, granted the SU was suppose to go out yesterday. But we had some hold ups, for that I am sorry.
    Maybe announcing an event in the previous week SU would be better than the day of or the day before?
  • We addressed that the old event prizes will get handed out and I know the top placing people received their prizes today. Sorry for the delays.
    Maybe this should have Been in the up date?
  • The competition went like this, four people were drawn randomly, only two got back to me. One could not compete due to the connection, so he gave his spot up. The other one that contacted me did not show up at 3:30 as requested, in fact he showed up in discord halfway through the event, not sure what happened there. He said his English was not very good, maybe that was something to do with it. So at 3:30 I only had one competitor, I drew another two from Twitch chat and waited for the 4th person to turn up, like mentioned before he did not show. At 3:50 I think it was I asked people in Twitch again who would like to compete as we had one more spot open, not one person responded, I waited a few minutes. So now I have about 5mins before the stream starts, so I had a look through my active friend list and picked one so the show could go on, which was an absolute last resort. This was done absolutely unbiased and I used random number generators each time to pick people. Had anyone at all responded in chat they would have gotten the spot.
I never questioned any thing about the players that gave their spot to others.
Did you use this number generator when you picked the player from your friends list?
Way could the show not go on with one less player?

I have never tried to hide anything, I am not sure why you are trying to find fault in the competition or who/how people were selected, if these competitions are not to your liking please feel free to share ideas. I never challenged you on any points you made about the selection process, you asked how it all came about because you said "it's starting to look bad" so I just replied with the facts of how we ended up with the four competitors. There is no buried bone here, they are all open for everyone too see and you need not do any digging, I struggle to see where the speculation is coming from. You can actually even watch the reply and you will see the twitch chat :)

The rest we are going to have to agree to disagree on, by in large most people are happy and its a hard task pleasing everyone all the time. Lots of information goes in the SU and it is a hard task balancing it, as BnB pointed out it was a larger one this time around and if they get too long people don't read it all. We don't hold back information, we provide it once we know all the facts. For instance the WRR issues, we have provided everyone with a good picture of where we are at with the testing, but we can not give anyone any more information about it, because we don't have anymore at this time and investigation is continuing.

Have a good weekend Ridgeback and please have faith in the fact that there is nothing weird going on at all. As a player myself I love this game and I am working my butt off to create the best content for everyone that I can, like previously stated many times the last comp was a trial run and its healthy to reflect on it and learn from it, that is how we go forward!

Mat
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

Think the reason for not going with less then 4players as well was that its was a geese comp with 2 blinds + 2 full spreads so 2 players in each blind if they would have gone with 3 players the one on his/her own would get all the geese that broke over at that blind where as the other 2 would have to fight for them.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

lowby wrote:Think the reason for not going with less then 4players as well was that its was a geese comp with 2 blinds + 2 full spreads so 2 players in each blind if they would have gone with 3 players the one on his/her own would get all the geese that broke over at that blind where as the other 2 would have to fight for them.
That as well Lowby, but mainly, 4 makes it a more interesting competition :)
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

TreeKiwi wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:
Let me just address a few things here mate.

• So is the Manly Man event, granted the SU was suppose to go out yesterday. But we had some hold ups, for that I am sorry.
  • We addressed that the old event prizes will get handed out and I know the top placing people received their prizes today. Sorry for the delays.
  • The competition went like this, four people were drawn randomly, only two got back to me. One could not compete due to the connection, so he gave his spot up. The other one that contacted me did not show up at 3:30 as requested, in fact he showed up in discord halfway through the event, not sure what happened there. He said his English was not very good, maybe that was something to do with it. So at 3:30 I only had one competitor, I drew another two from Twitch chat and waited for the 4th person to turn up, like mentioned before he did not show. At 3:50 I think it was I asked people in Twitch again who would like to compete as we had one more spot open, not one person responded, I waited a few minutes. So now I have about 5mins before the stream starts, so I had a look through my active friend list and picked one so the show could go on, which was an absolute last resort. This was done absolutely unbiased and I used random number generators each time to pick people. Had anyone at all responded in chat they would have gotten the spot.
Next time I will be selecting winners at least 3 days before the event, probably even a week before. We live and we learn. All this information was available publicly every step of the way. Apart from the last minute scramble to get one more competitor.
    Missed that one sorry
    Maybe announcing an event in the previous week SU would be better than the day of or the day before?
    Maybe this should have Been in the up date?
I never questioned any thing about the players that gave their spot to others.
Did you use this number generator when you picked the player from your friends list?
Way could the show not go on with one less player?

I have never tried to hide anything, I am not sure why you are trying to find fault in the competition or who/how people were selected, if these competitions are not to your liking please feel free to share ideas.

The rest we are going to have to agree to disagree on, by in large most people are happy and its a hard task pleasing everyone all the time. Lots of information goes in the SU and it is a hard task balancing it, as BnB pointed out it was a larger one this time around and if they get too long people don't read it all.
I am not trying to find fault in the competition in fact I think it is a good idea. But choosing players From your list of friends maybe not so much. Now Please remember I had no interest in joining this comp so my statement is not self serving.

The SU should contain information that the community is looking for so do you think there might be somthing in the current SU that could have been replaced with more important information so as to not make it longer than it needs to be if that is a concern.

IMO It should contain as much information as reasonably possible with out making it into a book but should always address the concerns of the commuinty.
Spoiler:
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Thanks for the update TK. Kudos on adding the .45 cal round to the pistol.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Mills wrote:Thanks for the update TK. Kudos on adding the .45 cal round to the pistol.
Yep. I would agree. And yes thanks for the SU too. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

It was the best option to fill the spot in the 5mins I had and I stand by my decision. I also knew I could trust him on comms. I am not going to comment on anything further. I have replied to your opinions and I can't help it any more if you do not agree with my answers.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Well TY you for the answers.
What follows is not a question but a statement so feel free not to comment. Just because a person stands by his decision don't make it the correct decision.
Furthermore I am not trying to get you to agree with me just stating my opinion.
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”