Valentine's Event 2018

Official theHunter related media, art & game design competitions.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Re: Valentine's Event 2018

Post by Villkatta »

strandjutter wrote:I most be doing something wrong or they made the mission way to dificult .
although most missions are verry aesy to handle I'm having a tuff time getting the 170 Sambar Male.
I've been hunting more then 10 hours on PB. I got two nice setups in the midle of sambar area, i've been crouching miles shot a lot of Sambar deer.
But I just can't find 170 score male. biggest i can find is 168,..
I don't think this mission was intented to give such a hart time to the hunters. didn't they accindentally switched the sore and the weight :?

P.S. all good tips on where to find that 170 score Sambar male are welcome :D
Go up north from the southern tunnel entrance(the one north of the steam train).
The areas above that little valley/gully is prime for Sambar. Both the clearings to the east and west.
Consider putting up a treestand if you have difficulties getting close enough. Scent is also helpful.
Do not approach if they are downwind of you - they have a wicked good sense of smell.
Hoocairs made a short video that you might find helpful: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=86061

strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

Villkatta wrote:
Go up north from the southern tunnel entrance(the one north of the steam train).
The areas above that little valley/gully is prime for Sambar. Both the clearings to the east and west.
Consider putting up a treestand if you have difficulties getting close enough. Scent is also helpful.
Do not approach if they are downwind of you - they have a wicked good sense of smell.
Hoocairs made a short video that you might find helpful: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=86061
Here You mean ??
Shot a lot sambar but no big enough male :cry: :cry:
tower wil be ready tonight maybe try my luck again

Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Yup, that's a good location. Use scent and bow/crossbow to keep them in the area. Sooner or later one will come around.

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Anyone know what the next mission or comp is? The banner has changed to the 14th but still showing only the roses mission.
Spoiler:
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

As to collecting the roses, I've found that actually hunting is the best way to find them. So far, when I hear a call, and track to the animal, there's often a rose where they were calling.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Griph wrote:As to collecting the roses, I've found that actually hunting is the best way to find them. So far, when I hear a call, and track to the animal, there's often a rose where they were calling.
If you want to find large quantities of roses just run the shore or WRR.
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

RidgeBack69 wrote:Anyone know what the next mission or comp is? The banner has changed to the 14th but still showing only the roses mission.
I believe that is the only mission that shows up on the banner. The "Guns" missions are listed under missions on the launcher / website, and are not dependent on a specific day.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Tod1d wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:Anyone know what the next mission or comp is? The banner has changed to the 14th but still showing only the roses mission.
I believe that is the only mission that shows up on the banner. The "Guns" missions are listed under missions on the launcher / website, and are not dependent on a specific day.
The Next Comp has shown up after a bit. But TY
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

It looks to me as though they've corrected the problem with the banner. It now properly displays the daily competition, as well as the competitions for previous days.
Evik03

Post by Evik03 »

xOEDragonx wrote:It looks to me as though they've corrected the problem with the banner. It now properly displays the daily competition, as well as the competitions for previous days.
Yeah. Everything is displayed correctly

Return to “Official Community Competitions”