Who has some scenic shots?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
CHABL0
Spotter

Re: Who has some scenic shots?

Post by CHABL0 »

outrider wrote:
Seifer wrote:
CHABL0 wrote:Seifer those are from theHunter Classic. Great shots though. These are from Call of the Wild.
Oops ;) Been tempted to play but if I'm playin that then I ain't playin classic :)
yep, tough choice...it's one i am having to make. my rig can just barely run it. but well enough to make it interesting... :lol: my main complaint about COTW , it has more raining time than the classic does. and i use to complain about the rain in the classic until i recognized all the complaints were falling on deaf ears....

i haven't been spending as much time in the classic as i did before. but when i reach the 'Gold" i set in Cotw. then i'll split the time between them both better.... :D
I did notice that about COTW. Plenty of rain. Kind of annoying but did get the perk point where it makes me less noisy walking around in it.
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X | MSI B350 Gaming.PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4-2400 16GB(2x8GB) | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 6GB | ADATA SP600 128GB SSD | EVGA 600W 80+ | MSI Optix AG32C
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I have some hi-res wallpapers from CotW.
I didn't take them. I just find some of them on this forum and some on other websites.

I upload the folder on my cloud storage.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArOiJHeQrWj3jgTOE7oNqNMduzu9
Season Stats
Spoiler:
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

click on image

i'v been doing a lot of traveling on 2 of the maps. finding all of the supplies stores..see some nice scenery ... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

CHABL0
Spotter

Post by CHABL0 »

to take a pic without the player hud use the P key to use the camera.
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X | MSI B350 Gaming.PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4-2400 16GB(2x8GB) | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 6GB | ADATA SP600 128GB SSD | EVGA 600W 80+ | MSI Optix AG32C
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

CHABL0 wrote:to take a pic without the player hud use the P key to use the camera.

oh, so you don't like my player hub, huh.............................. :lol: :lol: :lol: ....thanks, i knew that...my fingers move faster than my brain does.... :D

i have been trying to figure out what happened to photoshop. i use to be able to post pic's that were bigger... i don't use photoshop but every once in a while. every time i use it, they change things around. might have to go to a different image provider....
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

CHABL0
Spotter

Post by CHABL0 »

i use postimages. photoshop i use to edit the photos with HDR to really make them pop. lol
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

I must be one the few who was never impressed with the graphics in COTW. Don't get me wrong, they look better than Classic, but they still don't look all that great, the lighting is average, the colors don't look right, overall it just doesn't look very realistic.

I don't think that these images look great at all:

The following images of different games look far better:

Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Which games are these pics from, Levado?

I agree that the graphics style of CotW doesn't really suit my taste either. Too much blur, too much saturation if you ask me.
Image Image Image
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

it really depends on graphics settings.the AA used in this game isnt very nice. SMAA gives a cleaner look but i have a feeling its similar to the unreal 4 engine which doesnt work either well with SMAA or at all.they use FXAA & TXAA which gives blur and almost post process look.

you used to be able to get stunning shots with Matti Hietanen cinematic tool. this no longer works now with the latest builds of cotw which is gutting. i spent hrs just taking pics with it and enjoyed doing that more than hunting many times.

just looked at some of those images and one is battlefield :D call of the wild in the right settings is still better looking you just need to know what to tweak to get the best out of it. ;)
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

Levado wrote:I must be one the few who was never impressed with the graphics in COTW. Don't get me wrong, they look better than Classic, but they still don't look all that great, the lighting is average, the colors don't look right, overall it just doesn't look very realistic.

I don't think that these images look great at all:

These images are not representative of the game, because reworked by the author. They have been voluntarily saturated (it seems to me), it is an aesthetic choice. The landscapes, the vegetation, the atmosphere of the maps of COTW (weather, time of the day / night) are very great in game.

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”