Game Update - 31st January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: Game Update - 31st January 2018

Post by BuiuRei »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
walt133 wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:Anybody else having trouble starting the launcher?
Mine just now started acting up and won't launch either. :x
I got mine figured out. Had to restart my computer and update the launcher.
Definitely a server hickup and not on your side.
The reboot only gave it time to come back. I did the same to no avail, but it seems to be working now.
Spoiler:
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

BuiuRei wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:
walt133 wrote: Mine just now started acting up and won't launch either. :x
I got mine figured out. Had to restart my computer and update the launcher.
The reboot only gave it time to come back. I did the same to no avail, but it seems to be working now.
Mine is still down. Oh well, I will check again tomorrow.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

walt133 wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote: I got mine figured out. Had to restart my computer and update the launcher.
Mine is still down. Oh well, I will check again tomorrow.
I was able to launch a game, walk to my goat feeder, shoot one, and then I was disconnected.
So yeah, that's it for today.
Spoiler:
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Ninjahunter79 wrote:
1Al wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:And here is the vid. This sow Grizzly came meandering my way across the water, so I got out in the open to where I knew she'd be able to see me as I crouched. You'll see that she gets to about 40m to me, give or take, and she does the new animations (alert). She then did exactly what I thought she would, she got into attack mode. The only reason she didn't charge was because she could not pathfind to me, across the water. I've seen them do this on numerous occasions, all the dangerous animals that attack actually. If they do not have a straight path to you, they break off the attack and flee. So as you can plainly see, they are fixed and are reacting as they should, some will flee, some will attack. Which was not the case before this patch, as every one of them would flee from great distances.

https://youtu.be/EAnkbyEWbms

If you are still having this problem, I have no idea what to tell you then.
I havnt done enough testing to determine if this is a pattern yet, but if you make the bear flee, for example running around until you find a fleeing track, it seems more likley the bear will charge once your close enough after it has already fleed. Thats the way its worked out for me now twice. The one bear i tracked from roaming tracks, fleed at 50m, then charged when i found her. Just a little more info :) happy hunting
Ok, I'll try again, but it's become clear that for Grizzlies there need totally change hunt tactics. They should be hunted like black bears. But in this way it was much more fun! :mrgreen: You could hug her! :mrgreen:

HawkEye81
Tracker

Post by HawkEye81 »

Don't know what other players feel but I personally like hunting grizzly running/tracking and getting charged by one in a dense forest, we have enough animals to hunt while crouch/prone, grizzly were different and a lot of fun to hunt, now we will have to hunt them like elks... maybe this way should be irl but I would prefer more diversity and fun in a game.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

HawkEye81 wrote:Don't know what other players feel but I personally like hunting grizzly running/tracking and getting charged by one in a dense forest, we have enough animals to hunt while crouch/prone, grizzly were different and a lot of fun to hunt, now we will have to hunt them like elks... maybe this way should be irl but I would prefer more diversity and fun in a game.
I totally agree with you. Running/tracking and getting charged by one in a dense forest was priceless :mrgreen:
Plus, before you had a tactics choice to hunt Grizzlies, not now.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

I made little hunts to see what as changed with the grizzly bears and i don't see a difference, impossible to approach them even crouch.
Please EW, put them back as the release.
Edit : HooCairs has all said in his video.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey guys,

There will be some insight into the bears in today's Status Update :)

TK
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

HawkEye81 wrote:Don't know what other players feel but I personally like hunting grizzly running/tracking and getting charged by one in a dense forest, we have enough animals to hunt while crouch/prone, grizzly were different and a lot of fun to hunt, now we will have to hunt them like elks... maybe this way should be irl but I would prefer more diversity and fun in a game.
Except that for elk you have a caller. It seems they are more like sambar now. Crouch endlessly and hope for a wide open area where you can see them in the distance.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey guys,

There will be some insight into the bears in today's Status Update :)

TK
Thanks! I hope to see the "old" Grizzlies in TT. It was much, much more fun! :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”