Game Update - 31st January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
1Al
Hunter

Re: Game Update - 31st January 2018

Post by 1Al »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
1Al wrote:Excuse me, but maybe you dont read what I wrote, also with crouch walking, they went crazy at about 130 yards, I saw this in game the other day, so, that remains is to crawl like a worm :mrgreen:
And this is what should have been fixed in my opinion - they shouldn't be super wary any more. Did you try it after today's update to see if this still the case?
Yes the same, unfortunately. Right now I can say they are still more scared animals in the whole Evergreen Hunting Reserve.
Ninjahunter79

Post by Ninjahunter79 »

HooCairs wrote:
I can’t speak to the grizzlies yet, but I hunted Polar Bears yesterday and absolutely struggled, and today they are much much better. Can you run after them? No, but you can crouch and get close enough for a shot. I even got within bow range quite easily by comparison to the recent past. When you sneak close enough quietly, that’s when the polar bear would attack, but you couldn’t just run after them , and I wouldn’t expect to be able to either. Like I said that the polar bears, I’m gonna try the same tactics on grizzlies tonight, but polar bears are def fixed imo
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I’m after Grizzlies right now on TGT. Vid coming soon....
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Was not the case tho, as virtually every Grizzly, large or small, would attack. I’ll try a normal hunt later on now that the TGT sounds are also fixed, and will let you know.
Even previously it wasn't like that. In my crazy races through TT :mrgreen: In the past I saw many Grizzlies scared, but there were also many not scared and very aggressive. Now they are all like fleeing deers, no worse.
BucksNBuffalo wrote:However, I will say that if the Polar Bears are acting the same, it is VERY disappointing, not to mention wrong. It’s been stated by myself and others many times that Polar Bears should be extremely aggressive, as they have no fear of humans since they view us as prey. The stalking mechanic has been broken for quite a while now, and it needs to be brought back and the PB aggression levels brought up.
About this I totally agree.
Ninjahunter79

Post by Ninjahunter79 »

1Al wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:Was not the case tho, as virtually every Grizzly, large or small, would attack. I’ll try a normal hunt later on now that the TGT sounds are also fixed, and will let you know.
Even previously it wasn't like that. In my crazy races through TT :mrgreen: In the past I saw many Grizzlies scared, but there were also many not scared and very aggressive. Now they are all like fleeing deers, no worse.
BucksNBuffalo wrote:However, I will say that if the Polar Bears are acting the same, it is VERY disappointing, not to mention wrong. It’s been stated by myself and others many times that Polar Bears should be extremely aggressive, as they have no fear of humans since they view us as prey. The stalking mechanic has been broken for quite a while now, and it needs to be brought back and the PB aggression levels brought up.
I would prefer to stalk them in some manner, instead of running after them and waiting for an attack to shoot them. I had to stalk the polar bears similar to the like I would a deer, only difference I found was when I got close they would be aggressive. I found polar bears very much like the brown bear. If you put a good stalk on them getting close for a shot wasn’t like it was in past weeks, I’m on grizzlies now, it polar bears imo are very good
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Ninjahunter79 wrote:
1Al wrote:
I would prefer to stalk them in some manner, instead of running after them and waiting for an attack to shoot them. I had to stalk the polar bears similar to the like I would a deer, only difference I found was when I got close they would be aggressive. I found polar bears very much like the brown bear. If you put a good stalk on them getting close for a shot wasn’t like it was in past weeks, I’m on grizzlies now, it polar bears imo are very good
Ok, but try to understand each other, if we look at realism, then these Grizzlies are too much scared and the Polar Bears if "feel" you, they attack mercilessy, 'cause you're food for them :mrgreen:
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Ok guys. I can say that Grizzlies are perfectly fine. Uploading vid to YouTube now, I’ll have it posted here shortly
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Ok guys. I can say that Grizzlies are perfectly fine
had an opposite experience; grizzly spooked from over 100m when walking; after that it spooked again at 100m when crouching. so still the same as before on my side
Ninjahunter79

Post by Ninjahunter79 »

1Al wrote:
Ninjahunter79 wrote:
1Al wrote: Even previously it wasn't like that. In my crazy races through TT :mrgreen: In the past I saw many Grizzlies scared, but there were also many not scared and very aggressive. Now they are all like fleeing deers, no worse.

Ok, but try to understand each other, if we look at realism, then these Grizzlies are too much scared and the Polar Bears if "feel" you, they attack mercilessy, 'cause you're food for them :mrgreen:
Idk about real life, but they are much better to hunt now than they were, both species, and the patch was successful imo, but be aware, running after them nonstop and expect them to hold their ground prob isn’t a good tactic no longer, treat them like a deer species when stalking, except they will def attack once they know your to close.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

And here is the vid. This sow Grizzly came meandering my way across the water, so I got out in the open to where I knew she'd be able to see me as I crouched. You'll see that she gets to about 40m to me, give or take, and she does the new animations (alert). She then did exactly what I thought she would, she got into attack mode. The only reason she didn't charge was because she could not pathfind to me, across the water. I've seen them do this on numerous occasions, all the dangerous animals that attack actually. If they do not have a straight path to you, they break off the attack and flee. So as you can plainly see, they are fixed and are reacting as they should, some will flee, some will attack. Which was not the case before this patch, as every one of them would flee from great distances.

https://youtu.be/EAnkbyEWbms

If you are still having this problem, I have no idea what to tell you then.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”