Status Update - 25th January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: Status Update - 25th January 2018

Post by BuiuRei »

Fletchette wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:I'd say that graph is in millimiters of drop by distance in meters.
You're being silly....
John, I won't discuss metric versus imperial with you again.
Go talk to the Burmese people around the forum, they'll agree with you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

BuiuRei wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:I'd say that graph is in millimiters of drop by distance in meters.
You're being silly....
Go talk to the Burmese people around the forum, they'll agree with you. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, Ivan, you know I'm a dog person, so I'm not going to talk to cat people.... :P

That said, think about this...Assuming a rifle is zeroed at 100-200 meters or yards (which is typical), how fast would the bullet have to be traveling, (average velocity is fine), to only drop 50mm-200mm (2-8 inches) at 500 meters or yards?

Here is a hint...A released object will fall 50mm (2 inches) the first 1/10th of a second, and 200mm (about 8 inches) after 2/10ths of a second. So how fast would the bullet have to be traveling to travel 300-400 meters in 0.1 - 0.2 seconds.
Personal Bests...
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Fletchette wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:
Fletchette wrote: You're being silly....
Oh, Ivan, you know I'm a dog person, so I'm not going to talk to cat people.... :P

That said, think about this...Assuming a rifle is zeroed at 100-200 meters or yards (which is typical), how fast would the bullet have to be traveling, (average velocity is fine), to only drop 50mm-200mm (2-8 inches) at 500 meters or yards?

Here is a hint...A released object will fall 50mm (2 inches) the first 1/10th of a second, and 200mm (about 8 inches) after 2/10ths of a second. So how fast would the bullet have to be traveling to travel 300-400 meters in 0.1 - 0.2 seconds.
Well, yes, it does seem too little.
But what sort of unity of measurement are they using, then? It's so small!
Spoiler:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

BuiuRei wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
BuiuRei wrote: John, I won't discuss metric versus imperial with you again.

Inches of course.....

Yes, zeroed at 100 yards, the drop of a 250gr .340 Weatherby round is 54 inches ( about 4 1/2 feet, or 1.4 METERS) at 500 yards/meters.
https://fusiontables.googleusercontent. ... lt=1&cpr=1

And for the .300 gr .405 it's over 12 feet (nearly 4 meter), because the bullet is like a rock with a terrible ballistic coefficient.
Personal Bests...
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Fletchette wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:
Fletchette wrote: Oh, Ivan, you know I'm a dog person, so I'm not going to talk to cat people.... :P

Inches of course.....

Yes, zeroed at 100 yards, the drop of a 250gr .340 Weatherby round is 54 inches ( about 4 1/2 feet, or 1.4 METERS) at 500 yards/meters.
https://fusiontables.googleusercontent. ... lt=1&cpr=1

And for the .300 gr .405 it's over 12 feet (nearly 4 meter), because the bullet is like a rock with a terrible ballistic coefficient.
Damn, indeed I was way off.
500m... and people take these 1km shots. Well, not with those calibers, that's for sure.
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Wowsa! That's some awesome data there John!
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

TreeKiwi wrote:Wowsa! That's some awesome data there John!
Right from the Nosler website.....The link is on this page.

https://www.nosler.com/340-weatherby/
Personal Bests...
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Oh now I can see behind the curtain :lol: I thought you were just pulling that from your own grey matter :D
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I don't see why every rifle HAS to have a buy-able scope.
I do like the fact that at least one rifle has just iron sights and that's it. I hope it stays that way as you would wreck the traditional feeling to the gun like the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader, I personally thought that the .50 Cap Lock Muzzleloader shouldn't have even got a scope in the first place.
By the way I don't like how the .405 sounds exactly like the 10GA shotgun, copied the same sound file over?
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

I have .340 and .45-70. I must say .340 with scope is perfect for long range shoot (of course for short but this is not problem from .300 above). When i buy this rifle without scope i see no big advantage for this rifle compare with .45-70 or .340. But i see one big disadvantage - long range shoot is near impossible.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”