Game Update - 17th January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Game Update - 17th January 2018

Post by ronMctube »

no its actually quite funny but it was a little frustrating that you couldnt hear it :D
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

ronMctube wrote:no its actually quite funny but it was a little frustrating that you couldnt hear it :D
I didn't just have to hear it, how about taking a look at it?

Like I said that is NO Ptarmigan.

Songbirds can make all kinds of noise. especially Passeriformes
http://www.naturesongs.com/birds.html

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

yes but what you may not know is i have and my family looked after many birds or kept them for years.some were suggesting it was what it wasnt.if you have decent headphones or speakers you can clearly hear the bird noise i was talking about in the video.one of those bird noises is a ptarmigan or sounds like a ptarmigan. now, the thing is i have never once heard that noise ever in the game before the latest build.ever ! thats after playing thousands of hrs probably on redfeather alone. regardless of what it says on that screen you posted.you can clearly hear the " different bird noise for sake of argument " .i have kept magpies ,crows , ravens.from birth to full adults.so i am aware of differing noises they can make.
so it could be either a sound annomaly, a bug, or a added bird noise.i suggested the ptarmigan as a willow ptarmigan if you can hear it makes literally the same noise in part of its call.it does it like 4-6 times during the 20 seconds of the video.some couldnt hear it at first but once you do its kinda annoying as i know its nor normally at that position on redfeather at Darkwood lodge.also if you go to other parts of redfeather the noise of that bird isnt there.

id rather not keep debating it.others can here it.there is a few other audio bugs already in this build so maybe its something thats not right or slipped by.its not a big deal. ;)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

ronMctube wrote:yes but what you may not know is i have and my family looked after many birds or kept them for years.some were suggesting it was what it wasnt.if you have decent headphones or speakers you can clearly hear the bird noise i was talking about in the video.one of those bird noises is a ptarmigan or sounds like a ptarmigan. now, the thing is i have never once heard that noise ever in the game before the latest build.ever ! thats after playing thousands of hrs probably on redfeather alone. regardless of what it says on that screen you posted.you can clearly hear the " different bird noise for sake of argument " .i have kept magpies ,crows , ravens.from birth to full adults.so i am aware of differing noises they can make.
so it could be either a sound annomaly, a bug, or a added bird noise.i suggested the ptarmigan as a willow ptarmigan if you can hear it makes literally the same noise in part of its call.it does it like 4-6 times during the 20 seconds of the video.some couldnt hear it at first but once you do its kinda annoying as i know its nor normally at that position on redfeather at Darkwood lodge.also if you go to other parts of redfeather the noise of that bird isnt there.

id rather not keep debating it.others can here it.there is a few other audio bugs already in this build so maybe its something thats not right or slipped by.its not a big deal. ;)
OK Ron,... I wouldn't want you to agree on something that you are totally sure of isn't........ ;)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

110 percent sure just dont want to argue.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Since the update yesterday,.. when I've been playing BR doing Goat missions,..
after about 15-20 minutes running around in the game,.. my rifles are off sync by 1 second,
that means when I pull the trigger they won't fire or make the sound for about 1 second.
At first I thought it was my router.
But then after checking by going back to a lodge only,.. that I can then shoot my rifle again and it will be back in sync.
I have noticed the edges getting blurry while out running around but I am not getting any warning to take a drink from my water bottle.
I'll have to test again because I forgot if I take a drink if I am able to be back in the rifle sync also this way.
I believe in WR the cold weather effects are if you start at a tent then you're shivering and coughing ,.. that bug also started with the update reported by Hoo Cairs.
So possibly a couple of bugs might of come out of this update.
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

Glad the sambar ammunition has been changed!!! thankyouuu
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

kevin2106 wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:
Now please fix the antler shape on the Rusa.
^^^ And on the Sambar
Second this, those antlers are downright poor.
Just do a photo search, and you'll see for yourselves.

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Game Update - 17th January 2018

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Both species need an antler update, Rusa and Sambar. Examples: here is the current leaderboard Rusa Deer, scoring 249.xxx:

And here is a real Rusa Deer, a big one:

There’s like no contest. It’s obvious.

Here is the current leaderboard Sambar Deer (picture is a little dark, but it can be seen. If not I’ll use another example):

And here is a real Sambar Deer, another big one:

Yes, I think some work needs done.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

At the graphical angles of each shot for the game animals the antlers look pretty damn close to real animals,...
although IRL both deer can be wide or narrow more at the top tines.
If you put them photos at the same head positions I think EW just about nailed them right on.
And on both species the top tines can branch out low or high on the main beams and wide and narrow at those spots on the antlers.
I would just like to see more slightly bigger ones in the game then just those dog awful so many small antlers.
Some of those tines wouldn't be even fully developed on the smaller bucks in the game, even though they are represented
with the brow tine and the front top and rear top tines.

NOTE. Not all the photos are Rusa Deer or Sambar Deer in these links, not everyone knows what kind of deer they are posting.
For the most part they are what they say they are.

Rusa Photos. https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ru ... ORM=IQFRBA
Sambar Photos. https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Sa ... ORM=RESTAB

P.S. In the top leaderboard Rusa game photo, the scoring seems way off, as that is what a small to medium sized Rusa Antlers would look like,.. unless it is not working as it should, remember the smaller Sitka sized antlers when it was released? It was then tweaked to get 150 score, then now back down to 113 score,..
Which it was supposed to get at least a 130 top score ........never happened!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”