Game Update - 17th January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
kevin2106
Hunter

Re: Game Update - 17th January 2018

Post by kevin2106 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:
Now please fix the antler shape on the Rusa.
^^^ And on the Sambar

Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,

First time I read this I was a bit like 'Are you kidding me?' because none of the bugs that really upset a lot of people (bears, wrr noise..) were adressed. But giving it a second thought, this isn't a bad update. Matt commented on the mentioned problems just yesterday and said that you're carefully revisiting things so it would've probably been way to early to expect a fix the next day. And I'm happy with things beeing looked at thoroughly, instead of releasing something rushed.

I never had any issues with feral goat organ placement, just maybe the lungs a little to small. But I appreciate you looked at it if there was something wrong since many people will be on the new goat missions. I will, too, but first I'll level up some skills. If you're at organs, you may want to have a look at some other species as well. Both red and arctic fox, as an example, sometimes show a little weird results. It's nothing big and game breaking, but maybe you want to get it straight anyway.

Probably it's good that you changed the permitted weapons for Sambar. But that the fact that you can now drop it the easy way using .340 Weatherby Magnum doesn't change that you'll have to look at hitboxes here, too.

I also never encountered any issues with bobcat behaviour but I mostly hunt on European maps and WRR, so it would be no surprise if I missed that one, too. Anyway, the fact that you are working on 'cautious bahaviour' which also seems to cause problems on the bears convinces me even more that you are at it. Kinda gives hope that there's something about to happen in the near future. The hog sounds though, there still seems to be a problem.

The shivering camera is also very welcome, since we have an effect for the heat and it's about time we get a cool, optical feature for the freezing as well. No clue what a string localization in multiplayer trophy shots is, but sounds kind of inspiring. :shock:

It is also very nice to see that you are doing pre-release work on the new rifle, probably considering feedback from the players who earned one during holiday event. This is a nice way of making sure it's released in a well-working state. I highly appreciate that you do it this way, instead of just releasing it and fixing the bugs step by step.

The albino models are awesome now. Gone are the days of pinkish-brown mutants:
HooCairs wrote:Well, something is messed up. I have started with the arctic winter clothes at a heated tent in WRR and I am happily coughing.

Did that camera change mess up the clothes factor?

Edit: Restarted the game and can confirm I am freezing in WRR with the warm clothes!
I just did a three hour hunt in WRR, 0500-1100 game time. Hunting predators, following the northwestern coast from Danfort's Refugee up to the far eastern end of that claw-shaped peninsula. Predator hunt for me means moving slowly, spending a lot of time prone, calling. That kinda stuff that gets you frozen. Wearing full 3D Arctic camo outfit, I saw no effects of cold. So at least for me, there's nothing wrong.

Edit : Meh, just started a hunt at my heated tent on the frozen lake. 0503 my dude starts coughing. You're probably right, there IS something going wrong.

Just my two cents,
Wehrwolf.
Last edited by Gewehrwolf on January 17th, 2018, 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
μολών λαβέ
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

I'm very happy with new permitted weapon list for Sambar. It make more sense, taking into account how big those deers can be both IRL and in-game. But I hope you still will be working on it's hitboxes and penetration values. I guess, that when everybody will switch for example to .340, this might become less urgent issue, but I think it still should be solved relatively quickly.

While antlers's models are not very good also for Sambar, I would say they are acceptable, but I agree, that for Rusa, for some reason, they look nothing like IRL - at least judging from photos I was able to google out. From other hand, at least for those of highest scores, antlers's of some "old" species don't look very accurate too - let's take red deer for example.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this switch in ethical weapons for Sambar eliminate the .270? I have used it quite well on Sambar, with no issues.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this switch in ethical weapons for Sambar eliminate the .270? I have used it quite well on Sambar, with no issues.
I don't think so Stan. I actually just checked the .270 permitted list and the Sambar isn't there :(

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

kevin2106 wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this switch in ethical weapons for Sambar eliminate the .270? I have used it quite well on Sambar, with no issues.
I don't think so Stan. I actually just checked the .270 permitted list and the Sambar isn't there :(
Shouldnt the answer be : Yes , i think so Stan , if the Sambar is not associated with the .270 no more . :?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

DYEUZ wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
Shouldnt the answer be : Yes , i think so Stan , if the Sambar is not associated with the .270 no more . :?

Oh my bad, that "Don't" shouldn't be there. It's pretty late here i blame it on that ;)

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Gewehrwolf wrote:
HooCairs wrote:Well, something is messed up. I have started with the arctic winter clothes at a heated tent in WRR and I am happily coughing.

Did that camera change mess up the clothes factor?

Edit: Restarted the game and can confirm I am freezing in WRR with the warm clothes!
I just did a three hour hunt in WRR, 0500-1100 game time. Hunting predators, following the northwestern coast from Danfort's Refugee up to the far eastern end of that claw-shaped peninsula. Predator hunt for me means moving slowly, spending a lot of time prone, calling. That kinda stuff that gets you frozen. Wearing full 3D Arctic camo outfit, I saw no effects of cold. So at least for me, there's nothing wrong.

Edit : Meh, just started a hunt at my heated tent on the frozen lake. 0503 my dude starts coughing. You're probably right, there IS something going wrong.
And I in turn started at the lodge and there it is ok. So only the heated tents are kaputt.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Looks like I'm now plagued with the "server error" two attempts on RFF's. The game starts then I get an error. First time t'day that I logged on to hunt. I updated via Steam, validated the dwnld, cleared game cache etc., still I can't hunt. Profile page, store all work fine, but the game won't open the map. I get the picture of the reserve and that is it, also there is no start music that is usually heard before the map/reserve opens up. :? :roll: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

HooCairs wrote:And I in turn started at the lodge and there it is ok. So only the heated tents are kaputt.
Almost finished my hunt/taking a break at the lodge to warm up after 7 hours. My dude kept snorting and coughing constantly, occasionally made a 'hmmmmg' sound like someone had kicked him in a place where it hurts, and made some strange 'brrr'-sound every time he stood up from prone or left rifle aim. Kept going on like this all the time, but no other effects.
Didn't freeze to death or anything at all. No effect on aiming, no 'shivering cam' noticeable.

Not sure if it's only about the heated tents. I remember some status update when loadouts were released. Telling us how handy these presaves would come in spawning on a non-heated tent on WRR. When you can put on warm clothing before even spawning there. So I thought this wouldn't matter any more. But to be honest, I never gave it a try. Just got heated ones there anyway, not only because they look awesome.

Been using a presaved one featuring full arctic clothing and I'm pretty sure you did, too. But heated tents seem not to work as intended anyway, since going back there and 'warming up' doesn't remove the coughing and stuff any more.

They did before, I often encountered simmilar issues when I stepped into water for a second, or been around on the ice shelves. But moving near a heated tent or even fast travelling cured it immediately.

I'll check out what happens when freezing to death and fast travelling there next.

Greetings,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”