Important Security Reminder

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Important Security Reminder

Post by Alena Rybik »

Hi all,

We've just detected a range of unauthorized log in attempts to a number of players' accounts. (This usually happens when some site's database gets hacked / leaked and usernames and passwords become available to culprits who then try to log in to other sites using the acquired login details.)

Hence, an important security reminder: if you use the same login email and password on theHunter and other sites, or haven't changed your password in a long time, please change both (and make passwords different!). Always remember to use unique passwords on different sites to avoid losing your accounts - you can use special software to manage your passwords, this one is free, has good reviews, used by many and seems to be reliable.

Stay safe!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Important Security Reminder

Post by ronMctube »

i have noticed both on these forums and theHunter game login site for many months now that it says " this connection is not secure logins could be compromised " why is this ? thanks !
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

ronMctube wrote:i have noticed both on these forums and theHunter game login site for many months now that it says " this connection is not secure logins could be compromised " why is this ? thanks !
It's not related to the announcement above, probably something your browser doesn't like. Can you send me a PM with the screenshot, we would like to investigate it anyway.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Alena Rybik wrote:
ronMctube wrote:i have noticed both on these forums and theHunter game login site for many months now that it says " this connection is not secure logins could be compromised " why is this ? thanks !
It's not related to the announcement above, probably something your browser doesn't like. Can you send me a PM with the screenshot, we would like to investigate it anyway.
cheers ! ;)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Thanks Alena - which software is "this one"?
Image Image Image
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Very good Idea to keep your passwords different from your important accounts.
Also a good reason to log in and out and should have that CAPTCHA on the 1st log in set up on theHunter game/forums.
Also daily clean your computer of cookies & temporary files for remembering passwords for sites that you use & like.
My accounts have never been compromised following this simple security procedure since the early 90's of being on the Internet.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Thanks Alena - which software is "this one"?
yes, which one ?
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Alena Rybik wrote:Hi all,

We've just detected a range of unauthorized log in attempts to a number of players' accounts. (This usually happens when some site's database gets hacked / leaked and usernames and passwords become available to culprits who then try to log in to other sites using the acquired login details.)

Hence, an important security reminder: if you use the same login email and password on theHunter and other sites, or haven't changed your password in a long time, please change both (and make passwords different!). Always remember to use unique passwords on different sites to avoid losing your accounts - you can use special software to manage your passwords, this one is free, has good reviews, used by many and seems to be reliable.

Stay safe!
I don't see a link to "this one is free"...what am I missing please?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
JK_ElkHunter
Outfitter

Post by JK_ElkHunter »

Thanks for the info Alena. Actually checked my last hunts to see if any suspicious activity was happening on my profile since I haven't changed the password in like 2 years. Someone or something played at whitehart island for 50 seconds 2 hours after my last hunt :? (could not have been me since I'm not home and the pc is locked.) Just changed the password though.
Spoiler:

Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Thanks Alena - which software is "this one"?
Sorry, updated the link in the OP. It's Keepass.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”