Status Update 28th August 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Status Update 28th August 2017

Post by Radamus »

Bobcat looks great! Nice work!
As a kid when we lived on the Blue Ridge just down the mountain from the Appalachian trail we had bobcats. I briefly saw one once running away from the patio around the back of our house, close to dark. I saw tracks in the woods but not like it always happened. Also found fur and various dead things I suspect they killed. But at night, we almost always heard them, several times a week at night if we had the windows open. They sound like a crying baby, makes you want to run out into the night to find it- it's freaky as hell. Owls were freaky as hell too- scare the snot out of ya especially when you're a kid :lol:

So, bobcats spend a lot of time in the trees, Anyone seen anything about an ability to climb a tree? It's not possible from what I understand so they'll be good at hiding and evading given the higher attentiveness AI - They should be tough.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

The eyes are a little crossed and pupils are too big and they should be glossy just like a marble,.. the nose needs that cat color touched up, and the ear lobes should be more transparent in the daylight showing some skin pigmentation just like looking at a leaf when the sun shines on it. The cat fur should have darker detailed bobcat markings but then you wouldn't be able to tell if it was the real thing or not............... :lol:
This is your cat with a couple details painted in.
ImageImage
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

yep, the pupils of the eyes are to big.....looks like their high on catnip......
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

grancazador
Scout

Post by grancazador »

From Alena
Stutzen the rifle

Last week we released the .30-06 Stutzen bolt action rifle, and judging by your reviews so far, it seems to be a success. We would love to hear more of your feedback. Do you enjoy the new rifle? Can any of you share trophy shots featuring it?

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/gran ... /561315457
Spoiler:
Buena Caza
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

outrider wrote:yep, the pupils of the eyes are to big.....looks like their high on catnip......
Either way they both look like house cats. :P
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

gas56 wrote:The eyes are a little crossed and pupils are too big and they should be glossy just like a marble,.. the nose needs that cat color touched up, and the ear lobes should be more transparent in the daylight showing some skin pigmentation just like looking at a leaf when the sun shines on it. The cat fur should have darker detailed bobcat markings but then you wouldn't be able to tell if it was the real thing or not............... :lol:
ImageImage

Wow that's super nice Gas!!
Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

@gas56: Wow your bobcat Looks so beautiful, and absolutly realistic!!! :o Very very good job!!! Respekt!!! :D

I hope the devs make the bobcat just as you (gas56) :!:
maxhofmannp

Post by maxhofmannp »

gas56 wrote:The eyes are a little crossed and pupils are too big and they should be glossy just like a marble,.. the nose needs that cat color touched up, and the ear lobes should be more transparent in the daylight showing some skin pigmentation just like looking at a leaf when the sun shines on it. The cat fur should have darker detailed bobcat markings but then you wouldn't be able to tell if it was the real thing or not............... :lol:
ImageImage
This is by far I think, the best comment ever seen in a Forum ... that was a magic touch to the model ;) ... great job Gas!!!
Great to see this on my Tuesday morning coffee 8-) ... Thanks Alena, we hope to have news soon!

Huge hug from Chile, South America :D
Don't buy the Colt!!!
Join our latin-american players community!

https://www.facebook.com/TheHunterLatinoAmerica
maxhofmannp

Post by maxhofmannp »

grancazador wrote:From Alena
Stutzen the rifle

Last week we released the .30-06 Stutzen bolt action rifle, and judging by your reviews so far, it seems to be a success. We would love to hear more of your feedback. Do you enjoy the new rifle? Can any of you share trophy shots featuring it?

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/gran ... /561315457

got some nice animals already!!!
84.818 Roo!

1044.604 Hog

706.988 Albino Hog :o 8-)
Don't buy the Colt!!!
Join our latin-american players community!

https://www.facebook.com/TheHunterLatinoAmerica
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

remember also with the bobcat the face is going to be probably the main focus on trophy shots.so a handsome face is better to look at.what we need to remember is anyone can copy a face of a cat and ps it onto the bobcat in a minute but it has to work ingame.with no issues.

also what a cat is doing will have different facial and eye positions.some bobcats from images do have very close to eyes .so it comes down to whay source of info you are using to base the design off.could be many things all right.just different.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bobca ... 20&bih=940

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”