The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
FatMountainbear
Hunter

Re: Status Update 11th August 2017

Post by FatMountainbear »

L3M182 wrote:
FatMountainbear wrote:
L3M182 wrote:
i dissagree. the new animals look way better than the old smooth ones. rocky vs roosevelt elk as an example. it may not look perfect but what do you suggest for the bison head or grizzly bear?.
A standard plastic model.

really?. you playing on max settings?
Yes, I do. U?
DarkLord
Scout

Post by DarkLord »

There is nothing wrong with the model, it's the preview renders that suck. No anti-aliasing, no transparency on the fur, default autodesk viewport shading, second pic has flat lighting. I don't know why they don't just export a posed static mesh of the object and place it in-game for a screenshot so we can see it with engine shaders and lighting on it. :)
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

FatMountainbear wrote:
L3M182 wrote:
FatMountainbear wrote:
A standard plastic model.

really?. you playing on max settings?
Yes, I do. U?
Yeah i do. i just find it hard to belive you think models would look better as solid blocks. you seriously think the roos looks better than the rocky? thats bananas
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Cool! Looking forward to seeing the cat and just how elusive it is :)

Re: fur, it does look bad when not done properly, on some bears it just doesn't match and looks weird. It looks great on Rocky Mountain Elk and I think Buffalo look fine, wolves are okay, but on Grizzlies just... nah, not so much. Polar bears too. It doesn't work right with the engine, no, to try full-body fur. I agree that the bobcat doesn't look right -as presented- but as others say, that's neither the final product nor shown with proper lighting. Hopefully it looks a lot better live. The model itself looks cool, and I'm loving the personality in those animations! My own fear is that the animal will be far too large in-game. Don't do it! Make 'em small! Shrink coyotes and wolves and foxes, while you're at it :D

Re: albinos - a number of albino skins are very overdue for a reward. They are just faded versions of the normal coats and just look grayer; you can still see the markings. They need new skins (most deer as an example). I'd love to see properly albino ones--and where's the spirit bears?! :D
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Schlachtwolf wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:"Why yes, there will be albinos, the coveted gem of any trophy lodge!"

Will they be white? Or grayish pink like the WT, BT, Moose, Kangaroo, and Mule Deer? Or blonde like the Grizzly? Is there a technical reason those species' Albinos can't be white? All of the others are. As they ALL should be. To be honest, a pink Albino is not a coveted item for my trophy lodge.
@stancomputerhunter In real life albinos are never "white" they have no dark skin pigment under the fur/hair so in summer coat it will look a shade of the skin colour underneth.
Not what I saw with my own eyes..see video I took at Fountain of Youth grounds in St Augustine, FL in 2015. Plus these other pictures. Compare them to this "albino" moose from theHunter.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Schlachtwolf wrote:Good lord people they posted that it was only for show today and NOT THE FINISHED ARTICALE...... the posts here are not exactly going to motivate the team are they.... "Your work on the cat is crap so start again, I spent 20 dollars on this game in the last 12 months and I demand better". Keep the ball flat until you see the finished product, this is not a reskin animal, this is going to be a work in progress even after the release. Just be happy that the game is still being assigned capital to enable development and don't come down on the people doing their best like a ton of bricks because a basic animation is not up to usual standards...

Cheers

Schlachtwolf

My opinion may be wrong but is the one I like ;)
While the santa and marx remarks may have been a bit over the top, the message is what we see now is not good in those two areas, and should be fixed. If no one commented on the appearance of the bad fur part, what you see is what you would get.
Trim the fur in the two areas way back, and it will be a nice looking interpretation of a bobcat for this game, and up the hunter standards.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

DHRifleman wrote:
Schlachtwolf wrote:Good lord people they posted that it was only for show today and NOT THE FINISHED ARTICALE...... the posts here are not exactly going to motivate the team are they.... "Your work on the cat is crap so start again, I spent 20 dollars on this game in the last 12 months and I demand better". Keep the ball flat until you see the finished product, this is not a reskin animal, this is going to be a work in progress even after the release. Just be happy that the game is still being assigned capital to enable development and don't come down on the people doing their best like a ton of bricks because a basic animation is not up to usual standards...

Cheers

Schlachtwolf

While the santa and marx remarks may have been a bit over the top, the message is what we see now is not good in those two areas, and should be fixed. If no one commented on the appearance of the bad fur part, what you see is what you would get.
Trim the fur in the two areas way back, and it will be a nice looking interpretation of a bobcat for this game, and up the hunter standards.
Hardly. The animal has yet to even begin testing.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks to this SU Staff and Devs, nice bobcats, can't wait to hunt them !!!!
Good job again :)
Hunter300
Spotter

Post by Hunter300 »

DHRifleman wrote:While the santa and marx remarks may have been a bit over the top, the message is what we see now is not good in those two areas, and should be fixed.
I have to agree with you DHRifleman, I'm absolutely not fond of it either.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Hawkeye wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:

Cheers

Schlachtwolf

Hardly. The animal has yet to even begin testing.
Are you saying the fur looks fine as is?
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”