[BUG and improvement] compound bow

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

[BUG and improvement] compound bow

Post by ehr_kimahn »

Bows are to be improved in the game.

- The behavior of arrows is unrealistic (the same trajectory for an arrow with a bow of 60 or 70 lbs), the behavior of the bow looks like more that of the rifle.
- How are managed the FPS of the bow and the weight with the equipment ? No indication on this matter.
- There is always an arrow on the bow, even if we have no arrow in the inventory.
- The sound when we stretch out the rope, does not correspond to the reality. We would say a chain which slides in a clock.
- The prices of equipment are not credibles : A sight with 3 pines of entry-level as that proposed in the game is often for novice and not expensive. Have to pay 12000 (a bow it's 6000 sic!) and must win in level before being able to buy it, is not very realistic.
- The movement of fatigue in thehunter:classic when the bow is stretched out is more credible than in COTW.
- The camo of the Bearclaw Lite CB-60 Is strange. I do not know if it is inspired by a real camo ?

I hope that the behavior of the bow will be improve to make it more realistic, and that there will be more option of equipments : choice of the stabilizer, adjustable sight, peep sight, arrow rest etc.
Last edited by ehr_kimahn on May 3rd, 2017, 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Re: [BUG and improvement] compound bow

Post by ehr_kimahn »

And arrow quiver ...
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

The peep sight is badly positioned, too much near the eye. It is necessary to put him in the same position as in thehunter classic
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Seems like you use Classic as a reference :). But I don´t like the bows in cotw either. I upgraded my archery skills max I thought with more draw power maybe I could get flatter trajectories but 600 lb first pin is 5 meters. Second pin is 20 and third is about 42 metres. Will see with 420 lb but I am trouble getting any kind of penetration as it´s. I don´t recall that being an issue some months ago. But I do have issues with the aim. Sometimes it´s fine but sometimes my shots is all over the place on the shooting range. Wind indicator suggest no wind it´s not related to that at all as the shots is wildly spread lateral to right but vertical they can be similar. I must aim a lot higher then in classic so it´s less like rifles then in classic with more balloon trajectories also for shorter shots now.

Shooting prone used to work but on the driving range even if I aim to the skies it´s like it hits the ground? It seems like they fixed the rifle bugs but please fix the bows now so it´s easier to get some kind of consistency. I spent an entire day with flesh hits on a fully upgraded draw and 70 and 600 lb hitting blacktails, elk and moose. I think I got one vital hit but seeing the randomness on the shooting range when I believe I repeat the same draw it´s not that surprising. I suspect in general I do shoot way to low whereas lateral left to right I don´t really know why it goes left one shot and to the right the other. The way I draw is I hold the right mouse button. When it´s complete I hit space to hold my breath and when he inhailed fully I try to be quick hitting the left button to release the arrow without moving the mouse of course. I haven´t found another way.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Seriously what is wrong with the bows? I tried both my gamepad and mouse keyboard but it´s the same. As soon as I hit the left mouse button to release the arrow it turns my bow up and to the right quite a bit. This is random it can turn the bow to the left or whatever the only thing you can be sure of you will never hit where you aim and it´s due to physical move of the aim point not wind. I am doing a quick tap and make sure there is no movements...
ehr_kimahn
Tracker

Post by ehr_kimahn »

Hello,

I stop playing COTW. I like the archery and I am very disappointed by the totally unrealistic bow shooting in this game. It is a very bad development. It's a pity, because I bought both addons (tents, ATV) who improve the gameplay. I also find the very well realized environment. But developers do not listen to us, they have a business model which makes every time their games fail (Primal before, now COTW).

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”