Which rifle to go for?

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss theHunter: Call of the Wild among themselves. The official theHunter: Call of the Wild forum can be found on Steam, here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/518790/discussions/
knott
Outfitter

Re: Which rifle to go for?

Post by knott »

slugs was worth the grind so far. Only misshap is I had a perfect vantage point on a level 7 red deer 45 degrees above at maybe 100 metres but somehow hit the back pelvis so accuracy maybe isn´t as great always. But else performs admirably also against bison. The 1-4x slug scope fits both shotgons.

As for handguns no big problems with the .357 but why on earth do I reload 6 bullets if I have 5 in the chamber? Is it due to not knowing which one is fired as the empty shell is still there I suppose? Still from a gamers viewpoint just let me reload 1 bullet :)
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

knott wrote:As for handguns no big problems with the .357 but why on earth do I reload 6 bullets if I have 5 in the chamber? Is it due to not knowing which one is fired as the empty shell is still there I suppose? Still from a gamers viewpoint just let me reload 1 bullet :)
Makes the animation easier I would imagine.
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

1.4 introduced a bug that involve the 7mm and possible more!

Aiming with scopes at least now need to aim way high. I don´t believe it´s bullet drop because it´s absolutely insane. I had a 40 metre shot on a red deer. Used the whistle perk so it was the easiest shot ever. Decided to go for heart and was absolutely flabbergasted I did not hit anything. Prior to that I had attempted some sniping at 350 metre but not manage to hit anything. Alarm bells rang then too but then there was a possibility I overcompensated for bullet drop or something. But I got 4 shots adjusting each one and no hit. Encountered another roe and that one I hit in the toe aiming for the spine!

The Red deer I missed I tracked down and at frustration I decided to aim above his antlers and guess what I got a heart shot! He was up a hill so that region was not accessible even. Bad news I was so sure it was a miss I fired a second shot in the air but that also got me a hit and instead of finally getting the gold red deer for the mission I got a silver...

Throwing the 7mm in the garbage bin I went for the shotgun with slugs and the .270. Didn´t try the .270 but I find a herd of 20 red deer feeding. I was after a male so I got close trying to find one. But there was none and again an easy 40 metre shot on a female red deer going for lungs from broadside angle and she ran away with a flesh wound. Proper hit with slugs at that distance and they don´t move... Later found here she was shot low in the leg!

So something is up here. If somebody pay me I will try and see if I can replicate it by starting a new hunt.
In the steam forum there is suggestions it´s related to the zeroing perk but I don´t have that.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Starting to suspect it´s related to use of bows. Just a wild theory if you cycle through the weapons and go from bow to 7mm you can get the arrow ballistics?

Return to “theHunter: Call of the Wild”