Status Update 24th March 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
SethAndNic

Re: Status Update 24th March 2017

Post by SethAndNic »

I love the new goats they add a new dimension to BRR. The one trouble is that the long haired ones look a bit funny.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this status update and welcome to Linus :)
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

caledonianblues wrote:
L3M182 wrote:Not to mention I've got a fair few feeders and a lot of bait left :/ hate to think I've lost money on a change I didn't really want
None of the changes involve new equipment. You will still use the same barrels and hog feeders, and the same bait.
Nah my point is if this rework turns out to be a complete flop the money I've spent will be wasted :/
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

L3M182 wrote:Nah my point is if this rework turns out to be a complete flop the money I've spent will be wasted :/
Well the current system is already a complete flop for the majority of players, at least based on the feedback in the forum for a long time. As with pretty much any change, it's a safe bet that it will please some and not others. Some people want the game to be easier, some (including you) want it to be much harder. All we can do is try to find a balance. It's already a given that not everyone will be happy but the system can't stay the way it is. It needs to offer players a return with some degree of consistency and at the moment, that appears to only be true for a small handful of players.

There are lots of players who have feeders and don't use them. Fixing that is the main objective, whilst trying to maintain some degree of balance.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

caledonianblues wrote:
L3M182 wrote:Nah my point is if this rework turns out to be a complete flop the money I've spent will be wasted :/
Well the current system is already a complete flop for the majority of players, at least based on the feedback in the forum for a long time. As with pretty much any change, it's a safe bet that it will please some and not others. Some people want the game to be easier, some (including you) want it to be much harder. All we can do is try to find a balance. It's already a given that not everyone will be happy but the system can't stay the way it is. It needs to offer players a return with some degree of consistency and at the moment, that appears to only be true for a small handful of players.

There are lots of players who have feeders and don't use them. Fixing that is the main objective, whilst trying to maintain some degree of balance.
I personally like the way the feeders are now. The old "broken" way of having 20-30 animals at the feeder was too unrealistic and made it too much like "shooting fish in a barrel". I hope the new feeder mechanics do not make like that again. I am guilty of being one of the players that do not utilize his feeders except during events. It is a pain in the butt to go through every map and run around loading three feeders. When I do go out and load all my feeders for an event, it takes me an entire evening to run through all the maps and load every feeder. I guarantee if you make it easier for us to load feeders from the launcher, even if it cost us a couple of em$ for that luxery, I would be using my feeders a lot more, and I am pretty confident other players would too.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Refilling the feeders from launcher is a must have, cant wait for this function.
Hopefully deer-feeders will NEVER released/implemented!
Now offline. Forever.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Big Welcome to Linus!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

\m/ wrote:Refilling the feeders from launcher is a must have, cant wait for this function.
Hopefully deer-feeders will NEVER released/implemented!
yeah i cant wait either if it turns out that this overhaul is a success. however its gona be a premium and ive already been told its gona cost if its ever implemented.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

caledonianblues wrote:

If you can get it back to the original design of increase of spawn in the vicinity of the barrel/station, and the increase of the attraction radius based on the attraction level, it should be well received.

If attraction rate of climb and max % reached is directly related to the loss of bait, and lets you know if you are in a good location, again you would have put it back to what it was originally.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Being able to fill feeders from the website is in the pipeline. It will almost certainly be a premium feature but I have no idea what it will cost or how it will be monetized.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”