Nice Red Deer Spot on Val-des-Bois

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
XtaZiiy

Re: Nice Red Deer Spot on Val-des-Bois

Post by XtaZiiy »

Wow, I have almost the same Setup. But I've also one barrel for brown bear and some Tree Stand.
Look :

I start my hunt at 7pm in Maison du Néant, and I teleport in my tent directly. Rooting is simple, tent to north tree stand. After few minutes i leave my tree stand to my tower and get some bear :mrgreen:

Bears comes from the north-west, so my barrel hes at the limit border to attract them into the river. Its like 4/5 bear at least all the times at the beggining of my hunts.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

That's awesome! I don't have a bear barrel or anything myself, I've had to track them the hard way :D
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Scrapes wrote:I am going to have to give this one a try, TBH I have not set foot on VDB. I spend most of my time on Hirsch when looking for red deer.
Boy are you in for a treat! VDB was the first new reserve after I joined up and it's still, for me, the most beautiful virtual world there is imo~

This is a great thread and it is a beautiful place to hunt not only reds but roe and fox. I have a couple setups down in this neck of the woods and it's a given what you will find there. Sometimes I can go to HF and outside of where I start a hunt, I can't seem to get on the same page with the reds - but here, it's easier I think.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

yup ive shot a lot there but after u kil one, u then have to restart game there, bc there is only one or two "big" stags per every square mile
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Oof, that hasn't been my experience--sometimes I run into 4-5 in a row, and a lot of them can be pretty large.

I took a new friend out there the other day and I think he got 2 240+s along with a couple other ~200s. The 250+ are rarer but that's how it always is, I guess. If anyone's interested have a look at my Val-des-Bois hunts, usually I get quite a few nice stags in a relatively short time!
huntergatherer

Post by huntergatherer »

Pretty nice, thanks for sharing;)
CHABL0
Spotter

Post by CHABL0 »

Bookmarked! Thank you for this.
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X | MSI B350 Gaming.PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4-2400 16GB(2x8GB) | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 6GB | ADATA SP600 128GB SSD | EVGA 600W 80+ | MSI Optix AG32C

Return to “Fan Guides”