How about a "Chernobyl" map?

kahuamp
Scout

How about a "Chernobyl" map?

Post by kahuamp »

I know that this might have been suggested before, but

According to several articles in the press, animal species are doing quite well in the area. Wolves have increased their numbers up to 7 times, and local farms pay good money to hunters.
Maybe they can introduce a new Haz-Mat suit on this occasion?

Here is an article with pics:

http://uk.businessinsider.com/wildlife- ... ll-them-17
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: How about a "Chernobyl" map?

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Good idea from a business standpoint - they could sell a new clothing bundle for it!

Image Image Image
Cartoon Head
Hunter

Post by Cartoon Head »

love it, I can see the trophy shots now.

L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

in the last AMA a dev said that this would be the map they would love to create and see. i must admit. im not sure if its fitting with the game but it would make very different hunting styles and id not complain if we see it. the gear that could get released would be endless.

i did see a documentary about 5 years ago about the wildlife in cherno/pripyat. they are thriving and there not mutants. obv defects will be higher but its not the nuclear wasteland is made out to be.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

L3M182 wrote:i did see a documentary about 5 years ago about the wildlife in cherno/pripyat. they are thriving and there not mutants. obv defects will be higher but its not the nuclear wasteland is made out to be.
Isn't it sad somehow that the absence of man more than compensates for the radiation? :?
Image Image Image
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

more defects woul mean more "non typicals", and (pie)balds... :lol:

"Harvest a rabbit with at least 6 eyes, before you decompose.Your first harvest will also be your last" :lol:
paul2012
Tracker

Post by paul2012 »

r8 8/8 gr8 for spot and stalk tactics. Prepare for cheeki breeki

nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

This is the most mindboggling idea I have heard here. I am sorry for being crass. You are aware that people can only stay a certain time here because of the radioactive contamination? You are aware that the animals there are already contaminated? As is the earth and plants and water???

Chernobyl is not a simple area where no people go. It is an area that kills people!!! Even now decades after the accident, and will continue to do so for a long long time (20,000 years).
Code: Select all
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

nachthexe wrote:This is the most mindboggling idea I have heard here. I am sorry for being crass. You are aware that people can only stay a certain time here because of the radioactive contamination? You are aware that the animals there are already contaminated? As is the earth and plants and water???

Chernobyl is not a simple area where no people go. It is an area that kills people!!! Even now decades after the accident, and will continue to do so for a long long time (20,000 years).
Jeremy Wade, the host of River Monsters, went fishing there with a special permit for a 2 day period looking for giant fish he had heard was there.
He did catch a lot of Zander, and tried to hook into the oversized Catfish.
He even had to carry a type of radiation indication unit, to let him know when he was getting to his overexposed limit amount.
So being there too long and too close to the old power plant will no doubt harm you or even cause death.
But isn't it funny how the wildlife still can survive even after being contaminated so many years after the fact?
That is just plain weird.
To have an idea of a map made of this area is just super ridiculous for theHunter.
But maybe for a different kind of post-apocalyptic war survival game it would make more sense.
But ......
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

:lol:
Good one Gas!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “Environment & Hunting Area Suggestions”