TheHunter Primal

This is the place for theHunter forum members to discuss Primal among themselves. The official Primal community: http://steamcommunity.com/app/322920
Ludante
Outfitter

TheHunter Primal

Post by Ludante »

I played theHunter Primal couple of times and would like to join some official forum. I saw steam thread and some other things but not the one like here.
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: TheHunter Primal

Post by caledonianblues »

Moved to <theHunter: Primal> subforum.

Ludante, this is the best you're going to get I think, unless there's something out there on Steam.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Ok, thanks David. I shot T-Rex 6 times in head with El Toro and he didn`t even noticed that one? Also is T-Rex responding mostly to vibrations, like fast running?
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

The head is the absolute wrong place to shoot a T-Rex. But, if there was no reaction at all it sounds like a bug, one of Primal's many lol.
I wouldn't worry about finding an official forum for Primal, the game is as dead as a headless zombie. It's a real shame too, Primal is such a fun game when you are with your friends. All it really needed was a few nagging bug fixes, a couple more Dino species to even things out, and I think it would have been a spectacular game. As you can see in this forum, a lot of us enjoyed it. I have been thinking about firing it back up and getting a group together again to go and stomp the lands, maybe even stream it on Twitch. Who knows tho, we'll see
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Thanks for the info BucksNBuffalo, if you ever do twitch please post link in this thread or give some heads up, it will be fun to watch it..
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Ok guys, one more thing, I think quite a few people have similar question and that is opening ports 27015 and 42303 (Multiplayer).

I set the port filtering on my router for both ports TCP/UDP and also enabled them in local firewall on computer (restarted router and computer). Still get the notification for these ports. Anyone knows the answer?

Settings:
Start port 27015
End port 27015

Start port 42303
End port 42303
willybepop
Hunter

Post by willybepop »

I haven't had to explicitly unblock these ports. For most instances the ports will open if your machine sends the request. I believe it's a message for individuals that have locked all ports down.

I've played on and hosted several Primal games with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
megyaem

Post by megyaem »

Ludante wrote:Ok guys, one more thing, I think quite a few people have similar question and that is opening ports 27015 and 42303 (Multiplayer).

I set the port filtering on my router for both ports TCP/UDP and also enabled them in local firewall on computer (restarted router and computer). Still get the notification for these ports. Anyone knows the answer?

Settings:
Start port 27015
End port 27015

Start port 42303
End port 42303
i use the range 27000-27015 for start and end ports, ofc this is not a rule for everyone, since not all the router/modem are the same i think.Also check if u dont have a dynamic IP, more than that idk.
please pay attention to THP please!!! :roll:
panter2016

Post by panter2016 »

Use program like Simple Port Tester to check if ports are open, but in my case . netgear routher, no problems with opening ports. My problem ( win 7 and Win 10 ) was with windows firewall, create rules for ports you just opened and go into the inbound rules and change all the 'thehunter:primal' rules from 'public' to 'All'. I created set of new rules for primal
http://imgur.com/a/4F9eN

Return to “theHunter: Primal”