UEFA Euro 2016 - "The Tippspiel"

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

UEFA Euro 2016 - "The Tippspiel"

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Football fans (and those who call it soccer, but are willing to learn something new):
I’ve decided that the good old tradition of a “Tippspiel” (German word for something like “betting round” or “prediction round”) is needed here, given the fact that we have an awesome community – and “Tippspiel” is what awesome communities do while a big football tournament is running. But since the opening game isn’t too far away, we will have to be quick and improvise a bit.

So what is this all about? The main task is betting on the scores of all the matches in the UEFA Euro 2016. You can do this by going to the following website:
https://www.kicktipp.de/thehuntertippspiel/
and registering with a valid email address which needs to be confirmed. On this page you'll be able to submit your bets.

You will receive points as follows:
If the game ends with the exact score that you predicted, you will receive 3 points.
If the game ends with a different score, but you predicted the right winner (or you correctly predicted a draw), you will receive 1 point.
Points for the Last 16 round and quarterfinals will be doubled. Points for the semis and the final will be multiplied by four. In the elimination rounds the final score (including extra time and penalty shootout if necessary) is counted, so there’s no draw!
Bonus points:
You can place an extra bet regarding the winner of the tournament. To do so, submit your bet on the aforementioned site and post a trophy shot wearing the shirt of your favorite team in this thread before June 14th 2359 CEST. An additional 15 points will be added to your score if your team becomes European Champions.

As can be expected, the winner will be the participant who has collected the most points at the end of the tournament. You should be able to see the leaderboard on the site, but of course I will also keep you updated here.

Deadlines for your bets:
I have decided to get rid of the deadlines. Every bet can now be placed right until kick-off of the match.
The only remaining deadline is the one for your bet on the European champion - see above.

Please don’t try to open up new accounts to increase your chances of winning – play fair!

Prizes:
Thanks to EW and to caledonianblues for donating 5,000 em$ each for the Tippspiel.

Any questions? – feel free to ask!

“Football is like chess – just without the dice”
Lukas Podolski, German striker
Mr. Laurel
Scout

Re: UEFA Euro 2016 - "The Tippspiel"

Post by Mr. Laurel »

WoW!! What a great comp.. cant´t wait for the spreadsheet :) Thanks!
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

Question in the elimination round is the result to predict after 90 min, 120 min or after penalties?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

ForstHeld wrote:Question in the elimination round is the result to predict after 90 min, 120 min or after penalties?
Tanngnjostr wrote:In the elimination rounds the final score (including extra time and penalty shootout if necessary) is counted
Image Image Image
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

Upps sorry ;-)
Ash1302
Scout

Post by Ash1302 »

Nice idea, gonna try it for fun and see how many I get right!
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

The EW will add 5000 em$ to the prize pool, just to make things a bit more interesting ;)
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

Alena Rybik wrote:The EW will add 5000 em$ to the prize pool, just to make things a bit more interesting ;)
Excellent!

Just send my predictions and if you want to know how the groups work out open the spoiler :-P
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Okay guys, a little update…

ForstHeld has told me that there is a nice internet page where you can set up your own Tippspiel for the Euro 2016 and that people can use to submit their bets, see a live leaderboard and so on. I decided to make use of it since it should automate a lot of the work needed to keep track of the scores and be less error prone than having to juggle a lot of spreadsheets in case the participation is high.

You can now register for “The Hunter Tippspiel” on this page:
https://www.kicktipp.de/thehuntertippspiel/
(It should be available in English, French, German and a few more languages)
Please register with your forum name!!

I have decided to get rid of the deadlines. Every bet can now be placed right until kick-off of the match.
The only remaining deadline is the one for your bet on the European champion: It must also be entered on the site kicktipp.de and it needs to be done before Tue June 14th, 2359 CEST. I still want to see that trophy shot in here.

Oh, and we’re talking about a 15,000 em$ prize pool now (thanks to EW and cb), so I think it should be the right time to become a soccer aficionado for our American friends too!
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

Seems so far as it works like intended. I submitted all group games and my champion bet.

Return to “Competitions”