Post by Nexis981 »

@ Hardtree- Rofl ;)

Good Luck to everyone :o)
My bet is Germany. I hope i am right again, like at FBJ 2014 ^^
DanielRN
Hunter

Re: theHunter Football Jamboree 2016

Post by DanielRN »

Personally, I think soccer is absolutely boring and this event is gonna be a long and tedious one. But dear god that rifle… it looks hideous! How could you guys come up with such an awful combination?! It looks like a tactical army gun with some weird engravings! Come on, you can do better than that.

*sigh* Well, have fun everyone who enjoys the event, and good luck. ^^
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

DanielRN wrote:Personally, I think soccer is absolutely boring and this event is gonna be a long and tedious one. But dear god that rifle… it looks hideous! How could you guys come up with such an awful combination?! It looks like a tactical army gun with some weird engravings! Come on, you can do better than that.

*sigh* Well, have fun everyone who enjoys the event, and good luck. ^^
We like the sports that we understand I guess. I could never get a warm and fuzzy watching Am. Football, let alone Baseball. But hey, they made nice trophies for that other football too. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

DanielRN wrote:Personally, I think soccer is absolutely boring
Soccer? We are talking about football and I don't even know what this "soccer" is... :)

Honestly, I can understand why someone who wasn't socialized with the game finds it boring. It's a slow game (compared to basketball for example) and I often find it boring too if I'm not rooting for one of the teams. Like many big sports events it's the social aspect that makes the upcoming tournament so much fun - having barbecue with friends, cold beer, watching the game together, cheering and hugging after each goal. So much looking forward to it!!!
Image Image Image
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

French shirt for me :)
DanielRN
Hunter

Post by DanielRN »

HooCairs wrote:We like the sports that we understand I guess. I could never get a warm and fuzzy watching Am. Football, let alone Baseball. But hey, they made nice trophies for that other football too. ;)
I'm a cosmopolitan hoo, and I lived in Europe for years. I know how so many people enjoy soccer in many places specifically among European countries. It's the game itself that feels so dull to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of our football either. I can't stand watching a bunch of adults running around while occasionally shooting and throwing a small little ball over a gigantic waste of space toward each other. Yeah… it looks like a good cardio workout for them, but it's absolutely a big nope to sit and watch them personally. Maybe it's because I prefer individual sports, I practiced martial arts since I was 6 and to this day I rarely enjoyed team sports ever since I ever remember. Well, of course if I have to choose a team based game to watch or even play that could be basketball I think. :D
Tanngnjostr wrote:Soccer? We are talking about football and I don't even know what this "soccer" is... :)
I'm sorry Tan did I mispronounce it again? I meant 'Sucker'. That famous never-ending-marathon-mixed-martial-arts-ball-throwing thing… :lol: (I'm joking people, don't throw things at me now)

Still, that rifle looks horrible. :|
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

As a football fanatic, I have been counting down the days to the Euros. For me, I will pick up a German shirt.

And It is opening up old wounds to see no Scotland shirt in the store. :|

I am also glad to see this competition back. Due to university I missed the last one. Though might I make a suggestion for the future? I understand the desire to make a wee profit on this but it might be more fun to give everyone their choice of one free shirt. If a user wants more to increase their chances of winning, then they pay.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

ElusiveShadow wrote:I am also glad to see this competition back. Due to university I missed the last one. Though might I make a suggestion for the future? I understand the desire to make a wee profit on this but it might be more fun to give everyone their choice of one free shirt. If a user wants more to increase their chances of winning, then they pay.
I also think it would be more exciting if every hunter could only buy 5 shirts or so. But let's face it: since a lot of people are collectors and want to own the golden Bullpup (no matter how... hmm... special a taste its looks are), EW can probably make a decent profit by selling a lot of shirts to a lot of people. And that's good for us all! :D

I'll also buy some just for style: Wales looks great imo and so does Albania. Not that I expect any of those to win! :roll:
Image Image Image
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Pro basketball, especially in the US, is to real basketball as a raisin is to a watermelon. They are so far apart, its not even the same game. Here it's not about sport, it's about entertainment.

When I had a C-band satellite dish back in the day, I watched a lot of European soccer, and here we get the Premier League live on Saturdays. Same as football and basketball here. They cheat. Holding a defender's shirt while someone dribbles around him and scores doesn't have a thing to do with which is the best team. It's blatant, and called by the refs, just like here, whenever it's convenient.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Sounds like fine English football, Stan! If there's no blood, it wasn't a foul. :twisted:
Image Image Image

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”