Post by HooCairs »

How do you rate Brown Bear

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Brown Bear

Post by caledonianblues »

If I had to pick just one animal to receive an overhaul, this would be it. In dire need of some love and attention.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

EW obviously have animators that could do wonders with this one in appearance on the job today. Also, the AI, I don't know where the profile came from but a grizzly in the wild would see us bipeds as a potential life sustaining food source. If I jumped out of a TS and ran at him full bore it should be a suicide by bear moment IRL most likely. Also, If I was tracking him through the woods and he picked up my scent, I would be the one that is stalked instead of him flipping head around and blasting off in the opposite direction. All the bears in have been feminized in the EHR` and actually, that's not a good term, cause a momma bear will even go after a big male if he gets near her babies`~ and speaking of babies, that would be a nice touch to add in game.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Lapehunter
Outfitter

Post by Lapehunter »

Definitely needs a graphical rewamp, otherwise one of the most challenging and so the funniest animals to hunt.

Image Image
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

yes always wanted grisly bears added this was sort of a compromise.

the overall looks of the bear is not great . fur looks plasticy would love for real life fur simulation or something better added to the bears.

the muscle appearance and the way they move is also pretty clumsy.reminds me of a gorilla :D

main thing is the bears fur . that goes for the black bear also.maybe with the new fur tweaks they could overhaul the bear ;)
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Like mentioned above, this model could really use some love. The shoulders are way to wide, and the color is way off. Let's have a dark brown bear. I know some are lighter, but the majority are darker than this. Also, I would LOVE if the Bears would stand on their hind legs if they sense danger. The head needs reworking, as well as the fur and eyes.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Jimbodaddy
Tracker

Post by Jimbodaddy »

????? Bears need to be sceen Walking upright on 2 legs, years ago i remember my brother and i hunting mules in cali ,saw a small cinnamon bb Walking upright in the distance. Just sayin.
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Serious update needed please, as mentioned above.
nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

Radamus wrote:EW obviously have animators that could do wonders with this one in appearance on the job today. Also, the AI, I don't know where the profile came from but a grizzly in the wild would see us bipeds as a potential life sustaining food source. If I jumped out of a TS and ran at him full bore it should be a suicide by bear moment IRL most likely. Also, If I was tracking him through the woods and he picked up my scent, I would be the one that is stalked instead of him flipping head around and blasting off in the opposite direction. All the bears in have been feminized in the EHR` and actually, that's not a good term, cause a momma bear will even go after a big male if he gets near her babies`~ and speaking of babies, that would be a nice touch to add in game.
You are wrong. Even carnivorous animals, and Grizzly are omnivores, will not attack a human per se. Only once they have actually attacked and maybe even eaten a human will humans land on their dinner list. Maybe if their mother taught them that humans are edible it might happen too.
Code: Select all
mikeman1
Scout

Post by mikeman1 »

nachthexe wrote:
Radamus wrote:EW obviously have animators that could do wonders with this one in appearance on the job today. Also, the AI, I don't know where the profile came from but a grizzly in the wild would see us bipeds as a potential life sustaining food source. If I jumped out of a TS and ran at him full bore it should be a suicide by bear moment IRL most likely. Also, If I was tracking him through the woods and he picked up my scent, I would be the one that is stalked instead of him flipping head around and blasting off in the opposite direction. All the bears in have been feminized in the EHR` and actually, that's not a good term, cause a momma bear will even go after a big male if he gets near her babies`~ and speaking of babies, that would be a nice touch to add in game.
If they were that bad none of us would be here, because our ancestors would never have survived! Given the number of human/bear encounters every day in rural and wilderness areas (probably hundreds), bear attacks are actually extremely rare. Blacks and grizzlys that is. Polar bears on the other hand WILL hunt you down and kill you for food. I've had close encounters with all North American species many times, and generally if you leave them alone they will leave you alone. Except for polar bears. They're just plain nasty . . .
Code: Select all

Return to “Animal Reviews”