Forum update heads-up

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Forum update heads-up

Post by Alena Rybik »

Hi everyone,

I've been managing these forums in my role as a community manager for over a year now and during all this time I have been feeling that we all would benefit from a serious overhaul, mostly when it comes to the functionality but also the look and feel. We're now in the process of moving the forum to the virtual server and I wanted to implement those changes at the the same time to improve the overall theHunter forum experience.

We are working on the new forum theme and functions right now, and I am interested to hear your thoughts. How do you experience theHunter forum at the moment and how would you like to improve it? Which new functions would you like to see and which ones seem redundant or unnecessary?
ballistics Hunter
Outfitter

Re: Forum update heads-up

Post by ballistics Hunter »

I like it it will make a nice change to give the forums a new face :)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

How about if we have a complaints only section? :lol:
Last edited by gas56 on March 5th, 2015, 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

For one, bring back the the [img] use and drop the [imgur] tags. Just feels weird. And I'm all for keeping a neat and tidy forum, so I'd also say to either up the max picture requirements (960 pixels currently, raise that number) or have an automatic resize upon posting.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:For one, bring back the the [img] use and drop the [imgur] tags. Just feels weird. And I'm all for keeping a neat and tidy forum, so I'd also say to either up the max picture requirements (960 pixels currently, raise that number) or have an automatic resize upon posting.
Hey..... I like the [imgur] tags. Maybe just have both :D
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

I was just about to say something about the pictures as well.
How about this: auto resize to 960, but expanding to original poster's size after clicking on it. Not sure how that technically works, but would be great if we were able to post our original pics, without having to resize them all the time.

Also, next to the 'center', 'imgur', signature=' and 'spoiler' buttons on the post editor, could we have a YouTube button?

After all I like the forum as it is, technically. Not saying we can't use a layout overhaul, like other buttons and colors, but that might not have your priority right now.

I think it is a great move to ask for the opinions of the community btw.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

I can say right away that the [imgur] tag will go, because of the security reasons. I've decided to keep it for now, because we don't have another convenient solution for you to share your trophy shots. It will be implemented in the new forum and will replace the [imgur] tag which has a totally different purpose. We'll get an image resizer in place too.
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

Don't usually like change that much but i think this could use an update after all we still do have the colors from the old website before MP ;) Just don't stuff it up is all i can say :D

The one big thing i hope they fix are the profile pictures, took me a very long time to make/find a picture that fitted in the pixels needed!
EclipseStar
Hunter

Post by EclipseStar »

Automatic resizing would be nice, I don't like having to make pictures smaller manually. Also a way to imbed youtube videos in a post would be cool.
For the rest I think it's fine.
Last edited by EclipseStar on March 5th, 2015, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

@ Alena

So what happens to the data we have in the present forum we have now?
Will it be transferred.... or start from scratch?

Return to “General Chat”