30-06 & the lost foresight...

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Eggenberg
Trophy Hunter

30-06 & the lost foresight...

Post by Eggenberg »

As per topic title - last night I noticed that the foresight post on the 30-06 was/is missing.

It's visible on the rifle in the animation when bringing the gun up to the shoulder but when you're aiming all that's visible is the rearsight leaf/v-notch and there's no foresight bead. Makes accurate aiming with open's a hit or miss thing.

Checked to see if it was present on the other guns capable of using open sights but they were fine, only the 30-06 is affected by this which is a pity as it's my favourite gun and a lot of the time I shoot it scopeless (well, I used to).

Can anybody else that shoots the 30-06 confirm if they have the same missing foresight?

Will attach an screeny later (at work just now).
Last edited by Eggenberg on November 24th, 2013, 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eggenberg
Trophy Hunter

Re: 30-06, open sights: foresight issue.

Post by Eggenberg »

As promised:

Eggenberg
Trophy Hunter

Post by Eggenberg »

OK, looks like when the .44 reskin was done in the latest update the powers that be have indulged in a bit of cosmetic surgery on the 30-06.

Not only has the foresight not reappeared but the rearsight has now done a disappearing act by way of being obscured by a hammer that looks like a block of Delrin that's been epoxyed on. Observe:

Are you having a laugh?

Thing is the open sights are still visibly present on the rifle model when it's in the carry position:

So, has the 30-06's ability to use open sights been entirely abandoned in order to turn it into a scope-only rifle? If it has - and it damn well looks that way - then it's the only firearm in this entire game that does not have functional open sights.
T0MRf5
Outfitter

Post by T0MRf5 »

That is only the case when you have fired the gun and not ejected the old round. Have you got manual reload enabled?
Eggenberg
Trophy Hunter

Post by Eggenberg »

T0MRf5 wrote:That is only the case when you have fired the gun and not ejected the old round. Have you got manual reload enabled?
I never even had the bloody thing loaded hence hammer in up position :lol:

Anyhoo, still no foresight - guess it's back in the gun cabinet for Old Tess until they epoxy the foresight bead back on. Might see it this side of Xmas but probably going to see Xmas puddings dotted over the reserves first. Got to get the priorities right, eh?
T0MRf5
Outfitter

Post by T0MRf5 »

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=47632

While they are doing that, they can fix this issue I reported.
Eggenberg
Trophy Hunter

Post by Eggenberg »

T0MRf5 wrote:http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=47632

While they are doing that, they can fix this issue I reported.
Agreed - holding the forestock with one hand (centre of gravity awayyyy down at the butt-end?) as you load the magazine looks pretty bogus.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

So they just re-skin the 30-06 and broke the iron sight, what a shame
Eggenberg
Trophy Hunter

Post by Eggenberg »

mapache01 wrote:So they just re-skin the 30-06 and broke the iron sight, what a shame
No mate - I went out with the 30-06 unloaded and thought "They've lost the rearsight now as well!" but my mistake because the hammer was in the fired position, not cocked.

It's not as though I'm imagining that it's missing. Some of my best shots ever came about with the 30-06 & open sights. Anyone remember a player called Tears (Thomas)? Tears and I used to have competitions as to who could get the longest shot on Roozies using only the 30-06's open sights.

The foresight's been missing for bloody months and any mention of its return or acknowledgment of the issue has been as absent as the foresight. I just wish to hell someone from EW - or someone in the know from whatever source - can say "Yeah - agreed: the foresight's missing and we're going to address this" rather than ignore the fact that it's missing yet continually introduce reskins of existing kit and new weapons - all things that require artist's man hours to make.

Jeez man, we're talking about 4 or 5 pixels here not something the size of Kilimanjaro :(
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

I also have the 06 as my favorite......but went to the scope,because the open sights just don't work and Egg as I remember right you have wanted the open sites fixed since they brought the 06 online.......which was years ago :lol: Hope they fix it for ya.....You have waited loooooooooog enough

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”