Non-Typical Antlers...

Zeek
Scout

Non-Typical Antlers...

Post by Zeek »

After 5 years i would like to see non-typical antlers in the game.... where you could maybe see a monster take off and make the heart pound!!
fape19988
Outfitter

Re: Non-Typical Antlers...

Post by fape19988 »

This was suggested so many times but I don't think they already work on it.
Visit me on Youtube if you want: https://www.youtube.com/user/FapesTheHunterLPs
villethx
Outfitter

Post by villethx »

Those folks looks discusting :) If they add them someday, they need to be very rare.
"Only dead man have seen end of war"
USMC
Always Faithful
Reaper
bowpro1
Scout

Post by bowpro1 »

that would be nice to have running around :) i only had this happen to me once in my life didn't get him about passed out :(
hankjohnson

Post by hankjohnson »

That would be cool just as long as it was very uncommon. and they don't look like those messed up farm deer. IRL they are so rare that to see one like the world record you posted there would be seen by one out of thousands. but like the albino and pie bald animals in the game it would be very cool to run into one of these.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Small non-typicals are actually fairly common, generally speaking. It's these massive, WR huge ones that are the rarities. All it takes for a buck to be scored as a non-typical is exactly 1 odd growth of at least an inch or two.
Just for example, this is a 150-scoring Non-Typical Whitetail.

See the small point coming off of the G3? That's all it takes. ;) Non-typs aren't always insanely huge and gnarly
hankjohnson

Post by hankjohnson »

I would think that the buck in the picture is still a typical buck with an abnormal point deduction. But I'll admit I could be wrong. Now I know that if let's say the g2 and g3 seem to come out of the same spot on the main beam with no circomfence score imbetween the buck would be considered non typicical.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Technically speaking, the buck in the picture COULD also be scored as a typical with deduction. But if the point is long enough (an inch or two) why score it as a typical w/ deductions when you can score it higher as a Non-Typ? That's what most hunters would do! ;)
The buck in the picture was scored as a Non-Typical, and I was basically jus using it as an example of a small non-typical to help dispel the thought that all non-typicals are these huge, rare, gnarly beasts. Because technically, non-typs are not uncommon. BIG ones are, because normally Non-typicals are the result of some kind of injury, deformity, genetics, something along that line so they never really achieve huge size but once in a while. Of course, hunters also play a part in this as well. ;)
hankjohnson

Post by hankjohnson »

I have a trail cam picture of a very nice buck with a typical or non typical rack that I would love to post. However I can't figure it out for the life of me. If someone could help I would love to share and hear what you guys think.
hankjohnson

Post by hankjohnson »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Technically speaking, the buck in the picture COULD also be scored as a typical with deduction. But if the point is long enough (an inch or two) why score it as a typical w/ deductions when you can score it higher as a Non-Typ? That's what most hunters would do! ;)
The buck in the picture was scored as a Non-Typical, and I was basically jus using it as an example of a small non-typical to help dispel the thought that all non-typicals are these huge, rare, gnarly beasts. Because technically, non-typs are not uncommon. BIG ones are, because normally Non-typicals are the result of some kind of injury, deformity, genetics, something along that line so they never really achieve huge size but once in a while. Of course, hunters also play a part in this as well. ;)
Ok here's why I think you're wrong. Lets say that your buck is 150" with that 2" sticker. A 148" typical whitetail qualifies as a pope and young buck which is very respectable (min 125" net score). Now if you want to count that point and the rest of the buck as non typical it is no longer a pope and young buck (min score for a non typical is 155" after deductions).

Return to “Animal Suggestions”