Post your Albino/Piebald/Melanistic!

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
DereFonzie
Outfitter

Re: Post your Albino/Piebald/Melanistic!

Post by DereFonzie »

I personally think that these "rares" are becoming a bit too common.
I think that EW should make these rares at least 10x as rare as they are now ;)
Harbard
Scout

Post by Harbard »

Well, I killed 26 Deers or Elks since the 13th and have not seen any of them, and I think that's fine for I don't want to drop upon one of them too often, it must remain extra-ordinary.
Quarter
Tracker

Post by Quarter »

DereFonzie wrote:I personally think that these "rares" are becoming a bit too common.
I think that EW should make these rares at least 10x as rare as they are now ;)
Fully agreed. They really should be very rare, at least that 10x as rare as they are now, like DereFonzie said. But personally i think they could be so rare that there could be only few shot in YEAR by ALL players. That is MY opinion, of course you guys can have your own ;)

Back to Whitehart, when there was no Logger's Point, those albino whitetails were the only albinos in the game, i had shitload of them shot. Really, i tried hard and long to find that first one (which i shot from small field with tower south of the Causeway) but after that they started to emerge from every bush, and i think i got at least 10 of them in following weeks. Hope they have already decreased the amount of THOSE albinos, not to mention the current ones.
Lion Martinez
Outfitter

Post by Lion Martinez »

Please remember that the more players we have, the more of these you will see. It doesn't make them more or less rare in % to the other animals.
Quarter
Tracker

Post by Quarter »

Lion Martinez wrote:Please remember that the more players we have, the more of these you will see. It doesn't make them more or less rare in % to the other animals.
Yes that is true, but still i think that there might be too much of them.

This question is kinda offtopic but since you, Lion, answered to this topic, i think i might ask you one question, because you might be the one who can answer this correctly : Will Warden license ever again be available? If i remember correctly, i already played theHunter when those Warden licenses were available but i did not know anything about them since i was quite "newbie" back then. It has been bothering me for a while, so that is why i'm asking this.

Thanks.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I don't think there are too many at all. I, for example, haven't seen a single one since the Albinos were fixed in the Loggr's Point update. As Lion said, of course the more people play the more we will see posted. I'm pretty sure we don't want to get them so rare that they are pretty much a waste of time. I say leave em as is
Ydunn
Scout

Post by Ydunn »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:I don't think there are too many at all. I, for example, haven't seen a single one since the Albinos were fixed in the Loggr's Point update. As Lion said, of course the more people play the more we will see posted. I'm pretty sure we don't want to get them so rare that they are pretty much a waste of time. I say leave em as is

I have never seen a Albino/Piebald/Melanistic. Would love to see one
ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

If the rares may become too common that would ruin their special status...

But so far I have not seen that.

There have only been several posted...and this is a week where, with the update, more players are likely playing more hours. I think if the albino or Melanistic are extremely rare that gives us all something to strive for. But for those players that don't play 15 hours every single week...I think they still deserve a chance to take a few of these each year.

Then those of us that play a lot can simply try to get one of each in a single year! ha ha ha!

I have played 20 hours since the update and have not seen one yet....If I get to take a few of these each year would be happy! I hope if suddenly too many are being taken that the occurrence of these is turned down a little by EW.
kitkat

Post by kitkat »

I was hunting just south of the lake when I heard an Elk call. I headed in the general direction and spotted one. I settled in, took aim, fired and brought him down. I heard and saw 2 other elk start to run off at the sound of the gun. One of the elk appeared very pale in comparison to what I am used to seeing. I've seen and taken some albino does, but had not seen any male albinos of any of the species. I followed the 'pale-one' a short way down the road and he slowed his pace. I settled down again, took aim and brought him down too. Though on the small size, he gave off a 'magical' feel to the whole experience.
Lion Martinez
Outfitter

Post by Lion Martinez »

Quarter wrote:
Lion Martinez wrote: This question is kinda offtopic but since you, Lion, answered to this topic, i think i might ask you one question, because you might be the one who can answer this correctly : Will Warden license ever again be available?
Most likely no.

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”