Bobcat mission 9 completed with wrong requirements

This forum is for reporting bugs or glitches found on the website, forum, competitions and missions. Please use the reported issue in the topic title with description, titles with only "found a bug", "bug" and alike will be deleted.
Example title: Website typo
Bort
Scout

Re: Bobcat mission 9 completed with wrong requirements

Post by Bort »

I've noticed missions completing when they shouldn't too. It happened to me yesterday. Coyote Mission #3 entitled "Scout" with the objectives:
Find a set of Coyote Tracks.

The game said I completed the mission after only ID'ing one set of tracks from a Coyote. Each of the 3 tracks I ID'd prompted that an objective completed and when I ID'd the 3rd track from the same coyote the mission completed.

Something's not right with the missions. For sure.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Bort wrote: June 27th, 2024, 3:47 pm I've noticed missions completing when they shouldn't too. It happened to me yesterday. Coyote Mission #3 entitled "Scout" with the objectives:

The game said I completed the mission after only ID'ing one set of tracks from a Coyote. Each of the 3 tracks I ID'd prompted that an objective completed and when I ID'd the 3rd track from the same coyote the mission completed.

Something's not right with the missions. For sure.
That sounds like it worked correctly. The mission does not say "... from different coyotes", it just says "set of tracks". You'll get a pop-up that says a mission objective is done anytime you do that, and mission complete once all objectives are completed.
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

splainin2do wrote: June 28th, 2024, 7:25 am That sounds like it worked correctly. The mission does not say "... from different coyotes", it just says "set of tracks". You'll get a pop-up that says a mission objective is done anytime you do that, and mission complete once all objectives are completed.
I don't remember it working like that any of the other times I've done that mission before. If what you suggested works to complete it we can find a set, backtrack over it, then ID the same set going the direction we originally found it again. The mission can just say "find a set of tracks from the same coyote three times."
That's pretty silly...lol

It's not impossible 3 sets from the same animal complete it. My memory isn't perfect. Maybe someone can confirm what I recently experienced with that mission is wonky or not. I'm pretty sure the times I did that mission previously it had to be 3 sets of tracks from 3 different coyotes.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Bort wrote: June 29th, 2024, 1:30 pm
splainin2do wrote: June 28th, 2024, 7:25 am That sounds like it worked correctly. The mission does not say "... from different coyotes", it just says "set of tracks". You'll get a pop-up that says a mission objective is done anytime you do that, and mission complete once all objectives are completed.
I don't remember it working like that any of the other times I've done that mission before. If what you suggested works to complete it we can find a set, backtrack over it, then ID the same set going the direction we originally found it again. The mission can just say "find a set of tracks from the same coyote three times."
That's pretty silly...lol

It's not impossible 3 sets from the same animal complete it. My memory isn't perfect. Maybe someone can confirm what I recently experienced with that mission is wonky or not. I'm pretty sure the times I did that mission previously it had to be 3 sets of tracks from 3 different coyotes.
You can not count the same track that you've already found.. it has to be three separate sets of tracks, although it can be from the same animal. ;)
There are some missions, I believe, that *do* specify from a different animal... but I do not think this mission is one of them.
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

Set is the key word. A set of tracks is 3 tracks from the same animal. I'm sharing that I've experienced that mission complete by only ID'ing one set of tracks from the same animal. I know for sure, previously, that it had to be a set of track from 3 different animals because I've helped new players complete that mission and that's how it had to be done.
Something doesn't seem right with the missions.

Objectives:
Find a set of Coyote Tracks. (3 tracks from the same animal)
- When I've completed this mission recently it counted one single track as a set.
Find a set of Coyote Tracks. (3 tracks from the same animal, can't be from the animal above.)
- When I've completed this mission recently it counted a 2nd single track from the same animal as a set.
It completed the second objective after only ID'ing two tracks from the same animal, not a set.
Find a set of Coyote Tracks. (3 tracks from the same animal, can't be from either of the animals above.)
- When I've done this recently it counted the 3rd track from the same animal as a set which should have only completed the first objective of getting a SET, but the entire mission completed.

Return to “Miscellaneous”