Way of the Hunter - New game coming

Discussions about the latest in digital entertainment, computing, software and hardware
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Way of the Hunter - New game coming

Post by HooCairs »

hunterPRO1 wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 5:04 pmimprove the replay-ability of the game.
My point pretty much for WotH and CotW. Both have some missions, once done, you are done. No competitions. WotH has no tracking either.
I enjoyed a few hundred hours on each game and put them aside, while Classic remains fresh to this day.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

HooCairs wrote: May 4th, 2024, 8:19 am
My point pretty much for WotH and CotW. Both have some missions, once done, you are done. No competitions. WotH has no tracking either.
I enjoyed a few hundred hours on each game and put them aside, while Classic remains fresh to this day.
Long live theHunter Classic! :lol:

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

That really sums it up Hoo.

The animals in other games are so robotic, that the random number generation and seemingly aimless wandering of theHunter Classic is preferable.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

"TheHunter classic is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you going to get"...........Doc Gump.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

hunterPRO1 wrote: May 5th, 2024, 8:38 am

The animals in other games are so robotic, that the random number generation and seemingly aimless wandering of theHunter Classic is preferable.
But neither cotw or way of the hunter has as robotic animals then in classic? Or do we have different definitions of robotic :). There is hardly any animations in classic animals you spot always act the same. If you shoot you know the animal will always react exact the same and run 180 degree from the shot instantly. This is more varied and randomised in cotw and way of the hunter.
In classic you don´t have persistent spawns though so yes yo do get new animals each new session so finding them is a bit more of a challenge. I haven´t yet figured out the need zones of way of the hunter find it trickier to abuse that system then in COTW lol. Animals are never where I expect them to be.

Overall I certainly have way more hours in classic and yes I recon most will find more hours in that before getting bored. But its old no doubt about it. I don´t run any hunting games now though. My mind wondered to fallout 3.
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

knott wrote: May 14th, 2024, 10:33 am
hunterPRO1 wrote: May 5th, 2024, 8:38 am

But neither cotw or way of the hunter has as robotic animals then in classic? Or do we have different definitions of robotic :). There is hardly any animations in classic animals you spot always act the same. If you shoot you know the animal will always react exact the same and run 180 degree from the shot instantly. This is more varied and randomised in cotw and way of the hunter.
In classic you don´t have persistent spawns though so yes yo do get new animals each new session so finding them is a bit more of a challenge. I haven´t yet figured out the need zones of way of the hunter find it trickier to abuse that system then in COTW lol. Animals are never where I expect them to be.

Overall I certainly have way more hours in classic and yes I recon most will find more hours in that before getting bored. But its old no doubt about it. I don´t run any hunting games now though. My mind wondered to fallout 3.
When I said robotic, I was talking more about how the animals move around the map physically. Where they are and why, less than the extra eye candy.

In WotH each herd has 2 zones of each type (some in the new zealand map have 3 zones), one of these zones is their frequently used zone, the others are rarely used. They use the frequent zone about 85% of the time from what I can tell. So basically, at any given time there are 2 or 3 coordinates where an animal could be. It is very predictable.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:

Return to “Other Games & Tech Talk”