Eurasian Lynx missions

Discuss missions, share walkthroughs and tips, report discrepancies in descriptions.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Eurasian Lynx missions

Post by HooCairs »

So they do say "trotting". Ok, thanks for the info. I have at least 50% of lynxes stay nicely under the treestand without spooking, but I am also often wearing the winter camo clothes. Small ones should be much less prone to being spooked.

You can also consider scent spray a bit away from the treestand.

I use mostly the e-caller which is away from the stand anyway, and when they are within 5m of the caller, I turn it off. Very rarely they run from it.

One last option, lure with e-caller until close and then have a motion predator decoy do the rest.

Image Image
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

simpliest way to find em is get tents set up near where they are. with treestand ideally at same location. then just fast travel to them get call then use ecaller to bring them in.
dougrf

Post by dougrf »

Completed the mission #7, this time using the Parker Python.

As in my previous posts I can't see why this harvest https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/doug ... /761638816 didn't completed the mission #7 -"Harvest an unspooked Eurasian Lynx with a weight of 30 kg (Approx. 66 lbs) or higher at a distance under 20 meters (Approx. 65 feet)." in first place.
So, I will open a report so EW can take a look at it.

Also, already completed the mission #8 using some of your tips, thank you all!
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

On mission 7 now. Mission 6 was a nerve wracker. I got a lynx very early in the hunt. Took 2 real hours to get next one. As there is no option to spot a lynx before he spot you with his x-ray vision it take so much time try to lure back spooked lynx and most of the time they ignore you anyway :p

No camping supplies but planned to run to a tent that was not that far off to buy more. However I had 6 minutes until I was allowed to fast travel. Luckily the first one was really close by my first tent so did it with 2 minutes to spare. But probably was 61 seconds or something.
Next one should be a breeze.

As for mission 10. Not hitting any bones aim for lung shot or do you need to go intestine as to not hit ribs?
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

dougrf wrote: December 14th, 2020, 3:58 am
HooCairs wrote:
dougrf wrote:Can someone help me to figure it out, please?...
I am wondering why the cat was "trotting". Animals trot when they are either in nervous state or when they try to catch up with a herd. Cats trot to the jackrabbit caller but these tracks say "roaming" if I am not mistaken. Would be interesting to hear whether the lynx was trotting to you after you called, and you shot it?
At first, I got him atracted by the electronic caller that was ~30 meters away from the treestand.
When he got ~25 meters close to the electronic caller (~55 meters from me) I turned it off and waited a bit.
When I saw that the he was "distracted" I called twice with the jackrabbit. He started to walk slowly in my direction, when he was at ~30 meters from me I "pre-aimed", he walked a bit more and at 20 meters he changed the pace and started to trotting, still in my direction. I wasn't expecting it. I just adjusted the aim and shot it.

EDIT: I found this lynx that I harvested one day before: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/doug ... n/98628931 - 13 meters shot / same spot.
I think that I atracted this one using the scent lure, not sure, but also shows the Animal State as "Trotting".
Old thread, sorry for reviving it,

just got the same problem doing "The Argentinosaurus Lynx" mission, got one lynx with all requirements, 34.16Kg, 15.60m distance, not spooked :
https://www.thehunter.com/fr/#profile/k ... 1006743147
and nothing...

He was in the 45-50m range but somehow not moving towards me anymore so i used the jackrabbit caller and stopped the e-caller to make it come straight to my treestand and used the xbow while he was trotting and under 20 meters range... but he wasn't spooked at all, just trotting coming at me.

Just few minutes before i shot a female, both where coming at the same time from different sides, both making calls, female came first and was served first with a xbow arrow, used the jackrabbit caller when around 40m distance to speed up things as the other one was not far and she came trotting too, the male came 4 minutes later more or less.

Collected them both immediately after the 2nd kill to validate the mission and jumped back quickly into the tree but no popup in game, barely had time to start heating my seat that another one surprised me when i heard his footsteps just under my tree, had not reloaded the xbow so he got the .357, but was under 30Kg... All 3 came in less than 10mn

I had shot nothing before the 1st female and there is no way the male was spooked by this shot or he had never came to me so quickly after the female shot, spooked nothing when coming at the tree, teleported from the lodge to the tent just under the treestand 40+mn before my 1st kill...

In the end it seems that if the lynx is trotting it counts as spooked, well... He is just trotting to come to the jackrabbit call, like foxes or Male roe deer often do...

Was going to ask on the forum about this particular mission and why it didn't worked but found this thread and similar issue after a quick search... I guess next time i'll try this mission i'll keep the jackrabbit caller in my pockets then...
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

4 years later i am a bit smarter now. Lynxes also trot away from brown bears! When you are in a treestand calling in lynxes, shoot all the brown bears you see with bows to kill them or move away. The bears can become like repellents for lynxes.

I even believe meanwhile that when animals are spawned (they spawn in clusters) that many times bears and lynxes spawn together, to the point where I am more alert now when I see a brown bear at the start of a session, thinking a lynx could also be around.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

Thanks,

I had not hunted much the lynx before returning to the game recently, maybe a couple of them encountered by luck, does a lynx "afraid" of a bear still comes to the jackrabbit caller while not responding the the e-caller ?

Had noticed for the bears effect when i saw a lynx make a u-turn while coming to the e-caller, then just after I started to hear the bear roaming sounds not far, since then i shoot them when in sights of the 10point xbow indeed.

Sadly i placed my tent, treestand, e-caller and decoy in a semi-decent spot for lynxes depending your hunting session luck but without much visibility around for long distance and bears potentially blocking the path for lynx wanting to come to the e-caller, for the missions remaining in this pack i don't think i will bother trying to find another decent spot and move all again.

The view: https://i.ibb.co/r3wxh17/gif.gif

Reindeers, roes, bears, grouse, moose in bow/xbow shooting range without any call from my part, or more often calls quite close so i call back and they are there in a blink, call back a male roe and get 3 males + 1 female coming one after the other leaving you just enough time to reload the xbow and adjust the next shot, or teleport to tent and see 4 does roaming in a lady's group... ptarmigan birds flying all around, so close they almost hit you on the treestand, raising my spotting level without doing nothing, the only thing i never saw or heard is the fox.
Plus i like that the tree have some rocks around preventing a bit the big animals to come directly from behind and staying there after some calls too, i think i'll use this tree again in the future once the Lynxes mission are done.

Anyways, i learned my lesson and won't call with the jackrabbit for this mission, if they don't come after making a roaar or if i visually see them make a u-turn i will know it's because of a bear, i guess i'll just stop and restart the e-caller and wait or simply restart a hunt hoping for more luck if i get nothing at all, still weird to get such situation triggering the spooked flag in this mission, this lynx and the female shot before clearly came trotting to me after the jackrabbit call...

And thanks for the tip about bears and lynxes spawn, i'll keep an eye for lynxes in such situation in the future too :)

Edit : Mission completed on my first lynx today, i stopped the e-caller when close enough and shot it while standing still... then went to move my caller and decoy a bit for the next mission and the caller simply vanished, not in my inventory, not at the tent... relaunched another map still nothing, cleared launcher and game cache and went to my tree, it was there on the ground where it was before picking it up...

I had the Motion decoy in hands when i tried to pick the e-caller, it was highlighted in red, don't know why but not the first time i see this, the decoy needs to be placed before the e-caller or it stays red, here it caused some strange bug...

Anyways mission done, let's go for next one.

Return to “Missions”