geese stop coming

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
japitts

geese stop coming

Post by japitts »

Does anyone else find that after maybe 2 hours(or even less in some cases) that geese stop coming all together or they only come in groups of 1,2 or 4 and only 1 group that size about every 30 mins? The map can't be out of geese to spawn. I've even ran around the map randomly shooting trying to spook off any landed geese and still no luck. The geese just don't seem to come in now.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: geese stop coming

Post by HooCairs »

Yes this is normal. 2-3 hours and then it dries out. You are shooting too many. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

you have little peaks and troughs of times where they maybe take longer than normal to come in. id personally if just after geese do a hr hunt then start again. so as above doesnt happen to often.
japitts

Post by japitts »

HooCairs wrote:Yes this is normal. 2-3 hours and then it dries out. You are shooting too many. ;)
whats weird is i hunt magpie for money and i cant shoot 70-100 before it "dries up" but snow geese seem to "dry up" after only shooting 30-40... seems a bit screwed.
ronMctube wrote:you have little peaks and troughs of times where they maybe take longer than normal to come in. id personally if just after geese do a hr hunt then start again. so as above doesnt happen to often.
yea thats normally what i do when hunting magpie but snow geese dont seem to work the same as them. in 1 hour of magpie i can kill 70-100. 1 hour of snow geese i get 30-40... pretty wide spread there for the different types of geese. this pretty much kills it for me for doing snow geese comps. i dont get how people can get 1440 kg worth of snow geese in 5 hunts and i seem to only get 5-700 for a good hunt...
THEOFILOS

Post by THEOFILOS »

I would assume thats for balance as they pay double.
japitts

Post by japitts »

THEOFILOS wrote:I would assume thats for balance as they pay double.
what do you mean they pay double?
THEOFILOS

Post by THEOFILOS »

They have double max payout from all other ducks/geese except magpie they have the same
japitts

Post by japitts »

THEOFILOS wrote:They have double max payout from all other ducks/geese except magpie they have the same
sorry i still dont understand what you are meaning. im talking about snow geese that like you said have the same payout as magpie which payout doesnt even matter with what im talking about. im talking about spawn rate and the amount of time that they spawn before slowing down.
THEOFILOS

Post by THEOFILOS »

Sorry for the confusion,im quite new to the game so from what i saw snow geese are latest addiction and from checking what they pay i ''assumed'' that they have a slower spawn rate to ballance that but maybe im tottaly wrong and thats not how this game is developed.

Return to “General Chat”