"Sitka Cull 2021" by BCKidd

Talk about official or unofficial competitions. Feel free to host your own!
BCKidd

"Sitka Cull 2021" by BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Thanks EW for revising the Banner for 2021!

"Sitka Cull 2021" Community Comp by BCKidd.
Start Date: Friday April 16th 2021 Time: 00:00 GMT.
(*Thursday April 15th 4:00 PM PDT)
End Date: Monday April 26th 2021 Time: 23:59:59 GMT.
(*Sunday April 25th 2021 *3:59:59 PM PDT)

~~It is the competitors responsibility to know when the comp starts and ends in their Time Zones. Here is a handy link: https://savvytime.com/converter/gmt-to-pst

Essentially, I will announce on this thread when the comp officially starts and ends. Without those announcements it hasn't started nor has it ended.

Four Prizes totaling 6500 EM$:

1st Place 3000EM$
2nd Place 2000EM$
3rd Place 1000EM$
4th Place 500EM$

**Hunt Requirements:

**SP Only.
**Single Species: 20 Sitka
**Gender Specific: No
**Scoring: Combined score (+) weight in Kgs (+) Harvest Value. In case of a tie, the combined furthest shot distance wins.
**Reserves: Whiterime Ridge.
**Weapons Requirement: Four rifle choices: 6.5x55, .243, .30-30, .303 Brit.
**Hand Guns: Any ethical
**Bows: Any Recurve-Bow, Long-Bow, Cable-Back, no Compound or X-Bows
**All 20 must be present to win: Yes
**Submitted animals must die from one shot: Yes
**Unlimited attempts
**Maximum 20 submissions
**Not required in one hunt. Once you have submitted 20 you are finished.
**Other animals can be harvested: Yes.

***Universal Requirements:

***Hunts must begin after the comp start, and end before the comp ends.
***Hunt/Scores must be submitted, no matter how long the hunt was, within 90 minutes of hunt ending. (No Sandbagging)
***Hunts on competition reserves must be >/= 60 minutes real time. (2 game hours)
***Cool Down: Hunts on competition reserves must start no less than 60 minutes apart. Not following this rule makes those hunts inadmissible.

Example: You have a hunt on a competition reserve that ends after 26 minutes. You must wait the remaining 34 minutes before starting another hunt on a competition reserve.

Hunts less than 2 minutes with no distance traveled, no animals spotted or tracked (such as disconnects, can't connect to server) won't count toward the Cool Down Period rule. MP hunts on competition reserve will apply to the Cool Down Period rule. It is advisable that if you leave a hunt for any reason, that you use ALT+F4 to exit game. This updates hunt history immediately.

Until something better comes along- Here is the Blueprint you can use. I will check all winning entries & Hunt Histories.

(Copy/Paste) To add your score.

Example:

1st Submission # of Sitka: Total Sitka = (score (+) weight in kgs (+) Harvest Value.) Complete hunt link here:
--------------------
CTS=

Conditions

I will be participating, not for any EM$ or accolades. I reserve the right to modify the rules and terms of this competition at any time between the date and time of this post, and the start of the competition. I also reserve the right to cancel this competition at any time. I reserve the right to disqualify any participant at my discretion for any reason, including but not limited to: cheating, unsportsmanlike conduct, harassment, spawn-mashing, et. al. Discrepancies & ambiguities in the rules or scoring will be addressed by the competition host as expediently as possible.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: "Sitka Cull 2021" by BCKidd

Post by Radamus »

I wonder what the odds are to grab 20 bucks in 3hr? I just have to think there's going to be some doe's in most hunts??? tell me if I'm wrong :? I've never even tried a thing like this. 20 bull moose is one thing, this is a pretty good challenge.

The bow rule certainly levels being a silent sniper against the guns. There was a time when I never went without my deadeye recurve but it's been ages. I see some practice is due :) Maybe try it out on some bunnies and fartigans this eve :D

Very nice balance in this one BC and a great challenge!
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Radamus wrote:I wonder what the odds are to grab 20 bucks in 3hr? I just have to think there's going to be some doe's in most hunts??? tell me if I'm wrong :? I've never even tried a thing like this. 20 bull moose is one thing, this is a pretty good challenge.

The bow rule certainly levels being a silent sniper against the guns. There was a time when I never went without my deadeye recurve but it's been ages. I see some practice is due :) Maybe try it out on some bunnies and fartigans this eve :D

It's a kill every 9mins real time. Will probably skip it myself, not cause of the competition but am not a great fan of deer hunting in the game and the map has sheep on it.

Radamus : Ogruls, no! Don't look at the Dall track!

Ogruls: [entranced] I-can't-help-it. It's-so-beautiful.

[Ogruls gets zapped, goes off to look for Dall]

Radamus : Woo hoo!
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Radamus wrote:I wonder what the odds are to grab 20 bucks in 3hr? I just have to think there's going to be some doe's in most hunts??? tell me if I'm wrong :? I've never even tried a thing like this. 20 bull moose is one thing, this is a pretty good challenge.

I could be wrong, but I don't see where all 20 have to be harvested in the same hunt. And you get 20 attempts.
Personal Bests...
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Fletchette wrote:

I could be wrong, but I don't see where all 20 have to be harvested in the same hunt. And you get 20 attempts.
No, they don't have to be all harvested in one hunt- it can be spread out over any number of hunts. But, to win 20 need to be submitted. We have done this one before when UHC was available. We jus' have to do the math ourselves is all. No biggy. I can add... :lol: :lol: Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

ogruls wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: - I feel ya! shiny object temptations are everywhere when you least need them.
BCKidd wrote:
Fletchette wrote:I could be wrong, but I don't see where all 20 have to be harvested in the same hunt. And you get 20 attempts.
No, they don't have to be all harvested in one hunt- it can be spread out over any number of hunts. But, to win 20 need to be submitted. We have done this one before when UHC was available. We jus' have to do the math ourselves is all. No biggy. I can add... :lol: :lol: Respect,

BCKidd.
Oh jeez.... totally missed that part of the rules :lol:
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Smokin1
Hunter

Post by Smokin1 »

20 Sitka... well, maybe I'll have better luck with Sitka. I'll give it a go, when this comp happens, in about a month. That should give me enough time to practice. :lol: :lol:

Smokin1
Spoiler:
Keep Smilin' :P It keeps people scared.. They always wonder what you've been up to. :twisted:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Radamus wrote:
ogruls wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: - I feel ya! shiny object temptations are everywhere when you least need them.
BCKidd wrote:
Fletchette wrote:I could be wrong, but I don't see where all 20 have to be harvested in the same hunt. And you get 20 attempts.

BCKidd.
Oh jeez.... totally missed that part of the rules :lol:
It is unlimited attempts and a max of 20 submissions. So it could be done one at a time if desired. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Tomorrow- this one kicks off! Hopefully, it'll be a good time. I'm not sure there is much interest in it tho', but, that is okay- it'll still run on schedule. I have also nixed the 3hr max hunt time! I'll be tryin' to do this one in one run... think it can be done? We'll soon find out. 8-) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

Keep it real!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Hey Brian, I think I'll be taking a crack at this one. Thanks for this eh! Very kind of you to keep these on-going. My only criterion for success is that I beat both you and Radamus, then I'm a happy camper, but I certainly don't want to be dead last either so I'm going to try to put in the necessary time and effort.

By the way, you indicate four rifles: there are actually two different rifles that use the 6.5x55 cartridge, so I assume we can use either the Blaser R8 or the Panther, correct?? The Panther is a personal favorite... ;) but so is the .303 British.... Can I use each of the weapons or do I have to chose one gun and run?? Jimbo. :)

Return to “Competitions”