Finding reindeer at Hemmeldal

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Serengetti

Finding reindeer at Hemmeldal

Post by Serengetti »

Hi Guys,
For the past two months. I have been concentrating on hunting reindeer at Hemmeldal. They seem to be the hardest animal to hunt in this game because they are the most difficult to find. I have spent many hours crossing the map or traveling along the borders and most of the time it is impossible to even pick up a track. I have six tents spread out over the map, and I have used the fast travel technique successfully at times and have killed some nice bulls (over 620 pts.), but it has taken an insane amount of time. The whole process of finding them, or even just their tracks, seems mostly a matter of random luck. I have also watched all the reindeer tutorials. So, I am wondering if I have missed something. Any suggestions would be appreciated. BTW, I have hunted caribou in real life and this game seems harder!
calamar2000
Hunter

Re: Finding reindeer at Hemmeldal

Post by calamar2000 »

it's a recurring problem in the game ... for the reindeer! other horned animals no problem for me, good hunting!
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

I'm sure there are plenty here that can give much better advice than I can on hunting reindeer, but I've recently developed a strong interest in hunting them too. But I'm much too lazy to run all over the map looking for them, especially when they are constantly moving through the map themselves. All I've been doing is sitting in a treestand towards the center of the map and waiting for them to come through while amusing myself by calling in Roe deer and moose and other stuff until I hear the clacking of reindeer tendons or a call. It seems to have been working pretty well so far. On this hunt I had six different herds come through in a little more than four and a half hours.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/bone ... /117935038
I don't know if that's good or bad as I haven't hunted them a whole lot before. :)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

After the introduction of wood grouse, I feel there are less reindeer to be found.

One thing that could help was published by a guy on Discord: Start your hunt at 18:00 and either wait or hunt unti the day ends. On the next day, reindeer will no longer migrate. They will all be standing around grazing. You can then find them easier. You might want to give this a try.

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

HooCairs wrote: One thing that could help was published by a guy on Discord: Start your hunt at 18:00 and either wait or hunt unti the day ends. On the next day, reindeer will no longer migrate. They will all be standing around grazing. You can then find them easier. You might want to give this a try.
OMG i didnt know such thing exists :shock: and i spent hours just sitting in stand waiting for them to come...
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

That wouldn't work if you're doing comps though, unless you don't mind burning two attempts for one hunt since the update.
I may have to try that outside of comps just hunting them for fun though :D .
Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

Glad I read this post in advance. I haven't gone for them yet. So far my hardest map to play on was Hirschfelden. I had a real interesting time trying to find fallow deer. Some days have yielded many groups, other days have had nothing at all. I didn't think it could get much harder. I'll beware of their rarity when I go out there.

This is my rifle...it's a Mauser...it mauses.

Return to “General Chat”