Weapon Performance Charts

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Weapon Performance Charts

Post by HooCairs »

The performance of all weapons has been measured and put into charts on the Wiki.
Wiki page: https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Weapon_Performance

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Weapon Performance Charts

Post by HooCairs »

Interesting facts found:
  • The .223 Bolt Action Rifle / .223 Semi-Automatic Rifle produced the same performance over all distances which was an exceptional finding.
  • Cupid arrows perform differently compared to the standard arrows. The biggest difference was seen with the Recurve Bow.
  • The Compound Bow Parker Python perfoms slightly better than the Compound Bow Red Dragon against common believe that they are the same.
  • The .17 HMR Lever Action Rifle produced amazing results when using .17 HMR HV Ammunition. It achieved 3 points at 80m. This despite the ammunition not being permitted for anything larger than Coyote or Eurasian Lynx. An extra field test was done to prove the correctness of the results on the target range.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Excellent information, thanks Hoo and the Wiki team.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

.308 is way too strong. As is 7mm-08 HP.

I question the 9.3x74R too. I saw a recoil chart with that cartridge on it and it's a soft shooting round. That indicates way less power than what it has in game. You can get power without recoil. You can make it feel better with stock design, recoil pads etc but recoil charts don't measure that. They just measure recoil. Not felt recoil.

How were those charts measured?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

Check the wiki page.
Spoiler:
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Same updated charts shown here.

So, they were measured by shooting into a moose shoulder? I'll hold back comments.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

Great job HooCairs. I'm surprised the .303 British performed as well as it did. I hate that round from doing the 303 Sambar comp. It seems like if I hit any bone at all, there's no penetration and it's a body shot regardless of placement. Towards the end of the comp I end up just gut shooting them to make sure they'll die from it and I don't have to do one or two follow up shots to finish them.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Nice work, Hoo! :D
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

nachthexe
Hunter

Post by nachthexe »

OldMtnMan wrote:.308 is way too strong. As is 7mm-08 HP.

I question the 9.3x74R too. I saw a recoil chart with that cartridge on it and it's a soft shooting round. That indicates way less power than what it has in game. You can get power without recoil. You can make it feel better with stock design, recoil pads etc but recoil charts don't measure that. They just measure recoil. Not felt recoil.

You consider a round developed for Africa during the Age of German colonialism and still allowed in many big game reserves for Cape Buffalo a soft shooting round? Interesting. The round is somewhat known for milder recoil considering its power.
Code: Select all
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

nachthexe wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:.308 is way too strong. As is 7mm-08 HP.

You consider a round developed for Africa during the Age of German colonialism and still allowed in many big game reserves for Cape Buffalo a soft shooting round? Interesting. The round is somewhat known for milder recoil considering its power.
I found a more reliable recoil chart and it's got recoil at 34 lbs for a 286gr bullet. That's more like it when looking how it performs in Classic. 34 lbs is equal to a .338 mag. A hard kicking strong round.

Where did you read it had a soft recoil? I guess it is soft compared to the other elephant guns. I had a Win .458 mag that knocked off my hat the first time I shot it. It was going to be my grizzly charge stopper while working my buddy's gold claim on a small river in Alaska. That .458 was brutal. It shot a 500gr bullet. Knocked the snot out of anything in Africa. I bought it from an African hunter. Beautiful gun. Weighed a ton. It had 62 lbs of recoil. Almost twice the 9.3x74R.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”