How To Aim Correctly

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Modifly1
Tracker

Re: How To Aim Correctly

Post by Modifly1 »

Thank you. Well regardless, since no one has a chart up here, I'll put this one up for the 8x57IS nosler partition rounds based on ISA conditions, a 5kt wind and a G1 of 0.426 taken from Nosler's actual website. I have no idea if this will match the game but if anyone is willing to test it that'd be great since I don't longshot much.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16gIK3L ... sp=sharing

This is my rifle...it's a Mauser...it mauses.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I doubt any rounds in game will match the real ones. None have that i've checked. Especially, the energy.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

The last shot was fair enough. But can someone explain this one to me? This was a shot taken from a tower at 40m out with an AoB of about 20-30 deg to port of the animal. You can just see the wound about where the shoulder is.

I was surprised to find that the game only credited me with a body and stomach shot?

How?!

What angle could be subtended between the shoulder and the stomach that means the bullet passes through everything but the vitals in order to get there? I aimed not fully for the opposite shoulder given the shallow angle but did aim more to the left then usual. Yet it ended up hitting an area further rear (the stomach). I'm really confused at this one. :?

Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Modifly1 wrote:Image

The last shot was fair enough. But can someone explain this one to me? This was a shot taken from a tower at 40m out with an AoB of about 20-30 deg to port of the animal. You can just see the wound about where the shoulder is.

I was surprised to find that the game only credited me with a body and stomach shot?

How?!

What angle could be subtended between the shoulder and the stomach that means the bullet passes through everything but the vitals in order to get there? I aimed not fully for the opposite shoulder given the shallow angle but did aim more to the left then usual. Yet it ended up hitting an area further rear (the stomach). I'm really confused at this one. :?
Well known issue. Magic bullets everywhere. Doesn't seem to happen much with bows but constantly with bullets.
Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

I guess we'll have to just put that one down to the bullet hitting the leg bone and bouncing underneath the lungs :D. I mean, I know of a guy in the army who had a round bounce around in 'em. Hit him in the shoulder and the round ended up in his leg. I dunno. Physics engines sometimes.

Thankfully I had the brute force of the 8mm to save me from that one.

Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Modifly1 wrote: One other thing by the way, I took a shot on a Moose with my Kar98 and didn't realise how far off I was. I took a shot from 244 metres which meant my bullet when rather low. Very low. It hit the leg.
I knew I had this somewhere. When you figure out that bullet drop good things can happen.

Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

Nice shot. I'll say that much. I've never hunted in any of the exotic areas yet. I'm the kind of person who goes onto MS flight simulator and flies to the places I hunt from. Last time I flew from Kenmore Air Harbour in the Pacific Northwest up to Port Hardy in British Columbia with the Grumman Goose. Australia looks too far to fly. Better get some virtual jet tickets :D

Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

Well I'm back with another shot placement question. I had a Whitetail run off the other day (much to my irritation) from a front on shot. It said a body shot when I eventually found it. I figured I aimed a bit low seeing as how I shot from the tower but, come to think of it, where should I really be aiming for head on shots? My beam shots have been relatively alright since taking the advice and I would assume I'm right in saying that front aspect (45deg) require aiming a little back from the furthest shoulder as that has generally yielded the best results for those ones for me. But as for head ons, where is best to aim as I'd assume going for the heart would be best?

calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

Hi ! yes of course on the heart but the lungs are quite easy with a little experience! indeed at the top of the shoulder on the left, in short in the groin and a little higher! if the animal is in profile... otherwise it's up to you to guess... with experience! Good hunting my friend ;)
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

Thank you.

Return to “General Chat”