Dead animals not shot by me

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
acrobat
Hunter

Dead animals not shot by me

Post by acrobat »

Hello fellow hunters !

Today i saw two dead animals definitely not shot by me with vultures orbiting above it .

Never saw this before . Is this a new feature i missed to notice ?

Best regards
calamar2000
Hunter

Re: Dead animals not shot by me

Post by calamar2000 »

acrobat wrote:Hello fellow hunters !

Today i saw two dead animals definitely not shot by me with vultures orbiting above it .

Never saw this before . Is this a new feature i missed to notice ?

Best regards
But no ! it's to attract wolves and scare elk! if you don't like it (like me) take it! sur 0
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

;) I explained badly: when there are carcaces there are wolves and few elk but attracted wolves!
Last edited by calamar2000 on November 3rd, 2022, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

There are dead elk that spawn on the map Timbergold Trails, and they have crows that circle them and make a racket. They are there to attract wolves and function as "bait" for those wolves. However, I have found sitting near them to be pretty useless overall. Typically when I see a carcass, I know there are probably wolves spawned in that area of the map, but that's really all the information and purpose they offer. If the crows are being too noisy, you can scare them off by approaching the carcass or discharging any weapon (even a bow) when they're close enough for you to hear them. You can harvest the carcass to remove it from the map, but it doesn't count as a kill or harvest for your account. They also will not count for missions or anything else.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

It is a feature that only occurs in Timbergold Trails. Dead elk male of female carcasses are placed at the beginning of the hunt to simulate wolf kills. They have some attraction to the wolves which you will see feeding from the carcasses. You usually find wolf tracks around those bodies. Wolves won't touch any of the elk that you shoot though.

Crows circle above until you spook them.

Wolves also chase elk during a game session, but they will never kill one.

The carcasses occur in fixed locations. My guess is that about a third of all locations are randomly selected at the start to hold a carcass. You can collect them, but they have no score.

Carcass explained: https://youtu.be/Sj5Fls9XFxA?t=639
Wolves feeding: https://youtu.be/Sj5Fls9XFxA?t=2895
Wolves chasing elk: https://youtu.be/Sj5Fls9XFxA?t=260
(Almost) all carcass locations: https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Grey_ ... _Locations
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
acrobat
Hunter

Post by acrobat »

Thank you very much for the useful information !

Funny enough its the first time i noticed this , i paused to play for a longer time and was not so often at timbergold trails.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

If you get tired of listening to the crows. Just walk up to the carcass and the crows will fly away before you get to it.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”