Enjoying the Halloween event?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Mattb85
Spotter

Enjoying the Halloween event?

Post by Mattb85 »

I dunno about you guys, but I'm having a blast with this year's Halloween event!

The event mission is challenging, almost to the point of being a little too hard (a 160+ axis deer was seriously hard to find!). But I was able to complete it in a few days and it gives you a proper taste of everything the event has to offer.

My favorite part of the event is definitely the rabbits! The first time I stumbled into a warren, I was hunting foxes and knew nothing of the rabbits. I nearly soiled myself when six rabbits screamed at once, then charged! :o

What's your record werewolf this year? So far I've wrangled a 384 but I'm not sure how big they actually get so I have no idea if this is good.

Happy Halloween all!
-Matt
Bort
Scout

Re: Enjoying the Halloween event?

Post by Bort »

I hate it.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Mattb85 wrote:
What's your record werewolf this year? So far I've wrangled a 384 but I'm not sure how big they actually get so I have no idea if this is good.

-Matt
There is an official leaderboard
Spoiler:
Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

Dr_ViEr wrote:
There is an official leaderboard
Thanks

I sit at #39 with 384.3980. The best found being 385.7649. I'm plenty happy with my big werewolf! To be honest though, the little albino female I've got looks even better in the lodge.
OneManBand

Post by OneManBand »

Not having much luck on deer...finally saw a track today then actually got one. It's costing me a fortune in first aid kits :D Quite the change of pace, and the skins and sounds are pretty great (totally agree on the rabbits, just found them today too). Maybe a bit too hard to see what's happening and crikey these critters come in fast...silver buckshot would be lovely.
ahab100

Post by ahab100 »

Drop a tent when you hear the howl, the 15 pack camping supplies are alot cheaper than first aid kits.
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

Bort wrote:I hate it.
If the question is to love the event: no, and I hope real hunters agree with me but if it's fun for others why not? It doesn't shock me and I'm delighted to see your trophies! I'm going to take a look, good luck everyone! Without me !
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

I've dabbled with it a little bit. I bought 5000 em$ to get the whole outfit and all the weapons (I love the shotgun). I'll probably give it a serious go this weekend. I don't enjoy "Resident Evil" style games as much as I did in my younger days, which is what the map reminds me of now so, we'll see if I can really get into it. Those darn pigs annoy me enough already just on regular maps. :D
OneManBand

Post by OneManBand »

ahab100 wrote:Drop a tent when you hear the howl, the 15 pack camping supplies are alot cheaper than first aid kits.
That was helpful, thanks.
Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

calamar2000 wrote:
Bort wrote:I hate it.
If the question is to love the event: no, and I hope real hunters agree with me but if it's fun for others why not? It doesn't shock me and I'm delighted to see your trophies! I'm going to take a look, good luck everyone! Without me !
I am, or at least I was when I was younger, a "real hunter". However, there is almost nothing "real" about this game. I appreciate some of the more "realistic" aspects of the game. But both The Hunter: Classic and The Hunter: COTW are EXTREMELY far from being "simulation games".

Return to “General Chat”