Halloween Silver Weapons?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Bort
Scout

Halloween Silver Weapons?

Post by Bort »

I noticed that the Silver Crossbow Bolts store page only lists them available for the Wolfsbane Crossbow Pistol. The Standard Xbow Pistol's store page does not list the Silver Bolts as an available ammo for it but the Wolfsbane's store page does.

Is it true that the Silver Bolts only work with the Wolfsbane version? We need to get the Wolfsbane to participate in the Halloween event?
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Re: Halloween Silver Weapons?

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Correct, but often, they are on sale during the event.
Spoiler:
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Currently there are only two weapons permitted for Werewolves. The wolfsbane 308 pistol and the Wolfsbane crossbow pistol. Ammo is usually available during the Halloween comp. You will have to have one or the other to kill the werewolves as only those two weapons shoot the silver ammo. But you could buy both if you wish.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

Thanks for the responses.
Paywall :(
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Bort wrote:Thanks for the responses.
Paywall :(
Time to do some serious grinding, then. Wolfsbane pistol is 17,000 gm$, and gm$ aren't affected by paywalls. ;)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Bort wrote:Paywall :(
Or also called "salary" for the people who work on the game. How does that make you sad?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Paywall ??
Come on. Did you ever baulk at buying a ticket to the movies. Two hours and your done.
For Ten bucks you buy the wolfsbane pistol and get a week hunting Werewolves. More fun than a polecat down your trousers.
Ammo is free , can be purchased with GMs. Pay with the gms you get for killing werewolves and the pistol can be used going forward as it also fires standard 308 pistol ammo.
Just make sure that the Werewolves will be featured this year in the Halloween special before investing.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Paywall ??
Come on. Did you ever baulk at buying a ticket to the movies. Two hours and your done.
For Ten bucks you buy the wolfsbane pistol and get a week hunting Werewolves. More fun than a polecat down your trousers.
Ammo is free , can be purchased with GMs. Pay with the gms you get for killing werewolves and the pistol can be used going forward as it also fires standard 308 pistol ammo.
Just make sure that the Werewolves will be featured this year in the Halloween special before investing.
That's the only reason hubby hasn't invested in the unlimited Ammo card yet... ;)

(and forgive my ignorance - I thought a "paywall" was something external that prevented purchases from some websites, not that someone was too tight-fisted with their own fun money to happily support something they enjoyed. :oops: )
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

I'm all for supporting the devs of this game. I buy em$ a few times each year for that reason alone whether I feel I need em$ or not. My long term retirement budget doesn't have a spare $20 for the 2000+ em$ to get the Wolfsbane weapons. I don't have a spare $5 right now. I had an unexpected extra $400+ expense getting coal to heat my home for winter last week. That shortened my long term retirement plan by over a month.

I don't even want the 308 handgun but the cool looking Wolfsbane crossbow pistol is something I've put in my long term budget plan for the game so I have it in time for next year's Halloween event.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

So did I. The crossbow will pay of quite fast, as it is a great weapon to kill a lot of Turkeys in short time.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”