I'll Be Going Now

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Comrade_Floof

Re: I'll Be Going Now

Post by Comrade_Floof »

OldMtnMan wrote:Just shot 7 bison. Man, is that boring fast.

I need a new plan.
I mean.....they're bison. Almost wiped out because of how easy it was to actually kill lots of them. I do wish they moved a lot more just like they do irl. Though, if I'm being honest, I don't think they should be in Whiterime to begin with. Would've been better if we had musk oxen instead of bison and reindeer instead of moose.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

acrobat wrote:I,m glad to hear you are not needing help . In that case just feel free to enjoy this game and do not waste your time to imagine how it would be in reality .
I don't need to imagine how real hunting is, but i'm sure you do.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
acrobat
Hunter

Post by acrobat »

I somehow do not get the point of your thread.

You open it to say goodbye but you obviously stay and argue . Aha .
Are you hoping for "pleeeeeeeeease don,t go" replies ?

You spray your deepest mental emotions , that you cannot make up your mind shooting helpless and cute pictures on your computer screen . Thats fine but its not fine you react angrily to my friendly and open reply .

You claim to prefer "hard hunts" irl . Thats also fine but you would be the most delicate "hard hunter" in history ;-)

Maybe you could explain the sense of this entire thread
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I have always been bothered by the kill. I love animals. However, my urge to hunt for my food is strong, so I hunted for 65 years and only took animals for food.

When I was forced to retire at age 78 due to medical reasons I was kind of lost. It's hard to give up what i've done all my life. So, I sort of fell into hunting games. I tried to ignore the kills but there was so many it was hard to do. This thread was one more attempt to quit. It's not easy and I fell back into hunting again. Now, i'm at another crossroad of quitting again. I also do auto racing sims and i'm trying to get my head back into it. I've been doing that for the last few days. If I can quit hunting games I will. This thread was never supposed to drag on like this. It was just a goodbye to the friends I made.

I was surprised to see it come back up. Not happy is was an insulting post like yours. It wasn't needed. I'll work this out for myself. I may just do one hunt every few weeks when I miss stalking a bull elk in the mountains. Just one kill and then quit. I'll get immersed in racing again and just do a hunt every now and then to scratch that itch I get to hunt. I'll make the hunt as hard as I can to enjoy it more.

Are we done now?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Zed McJack
Hunter

Post by Zed McJack »

@OldMtnMan maybe you should try some other games.
Unreal World comes to my mind, its Iron Age Finland survival game. You can hunt, trap, build etc. There are a couple of scenarios with different start up conditions & setup, you can even drop & destroy everything & start from zero in the Finnish wilderness if you want ultrahard start.
I like that game but its a bit hard on my hand joints as movement is only on keyboard.
HTH

Z
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

I'm loving WOTH myself. Play ranger mode with HUD off and some surround sound headphones, it's the most immersive thing ever!
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Thanks Zed, but i'll be fine with auto racing which I did in real life to. So, I have a lot of interest in it. Coming to Classic for hunting one bull will satisfy me and it won't take away from my racing.

I'll do my 1840 style of hunting for the bull. Buckskins, caplock, and no aids at all. I'll even keep myself from shooting a young bull to make it a bit harder. All of it just like my real hunting. That's the itch that will need scratching. Doing an easy modern hunt won't help at all. I did that to win comps which was silly. Hunting isn't a competition for me.

Thanks again Zed.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Brutus969 wrote:I'm loving WOTH myself. Play ranger mode with HUD off and some surround sound headphones, it's the most immersive thing ever!
I gave it a good shot but my new system gave me stutters. It seems to be a problem with the 30 series Nvidia cards. (3080 in my case)
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
acrobat
Hunter

Post by acrobat »

Thank you for the further explanation !

I did not mention to insult you in any way , maybe my reply sounded so since the arguments of your first post were just very strange.

Of course real hunting is about food and/or control of the population and not about senseless shooting animals . I would not quit this game but try to see it as it is - a game !

You can here easily shoot 10 elks in a session , you do not have to bag them ;-)

The density of animals ingame is also way higher than in reality .

This game unfortunetly cannot replace your real hunts but i like your approach to make it more realistic by making it harder . Play with tracks off , do not use the huntermate , maybe indeed limit yourself to harvest just one animal per session and try as hard as you can to drop it on the spot . Only clean shots .

Finally : as long as we eat meat its about killing animals . I have to laugh about people opposing hunts but going to the supermarket and buying their sausage for lunch !
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Ok, maybe you didn't mean to insult me. I'd be curious if others thought you did but it doesn't matter. I'm not thinned skinned even if I do react. No big deal.

I don't believe i'll ever be happy with multiple kills. It's ok. I have 20 years of friends in the racing sim world and they wondered where I went. I'll still give a post here now and then and like I said a hunt now and then too. I think it's the best solution for me.

Yes, the hunt will be with no Huntermate, fast travel, stands, calls, sprays, or tracks. The only animal i'll have to kill more than one will be the grizzlies if they charge. I'll just be on Timbergold because the RME are my local elk species. So, i'll have to deal with the bears and cats. Ok, I think this is a good plan for me. I'm in a bunch of racing leagues and it will take all my time. I'll still find time for some elk meat. An old crusty mountain man needs to eat too.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”