I'll Be Going Now

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: I'll Be Going Now

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Another real challenge is to hunt the Sambhur stags without using the scent. They are suckers for the scent and stand hunting but there are no callers
Ok maybe you dont like the bush hunting but the Sambhur stags are probably the most difficult deer species in game and in comparison to all other deer species and much harder to stalk without scent or callers.

You already have the 30r and a 45.70 so both those rifles are Ideally suited for all the animals on Piccabeen with the exception that the 45.70 is not permitted for Rusa and the 30 r is not permitted for Buffalo and Banteng. But carry both and your all set. And dont forget the water bottle.

Then there is also the option to buy and try Teddy Roosevelts Medicine gun, the 405 lever.

As Bort stated, the Banteng are a challenge as well in terms of difficulty and the water buffs, while easy in the open areas can be real exciting in the trees and close hunting. Great fun shooting charging Water buffs with an unscoped 45.70.

It may take some time to find and learn the best methods and locations but maybe the change will provide a degree of challenge you seem torequire.

By the way, you havent mentioned how your eyesight is after your surgery. Hope it has given you some improvement.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'll give it some thought. I'd like to try for grizzlies first. No scent or calls for it and it's trying to kill me as much as I want to kill it. Plus, it's Timbergold and I know it well. It will be hard to resist going for the elk when they call but i'll try to stay focused on the bears. I finished two comps with the Buffalo gun. So, I know it pretty good now.

I never considered the .405 because of the sights. The open sights are too small and thick. Plus, no option for a scope.

Eye surgery went ok. I can see good enough for open sights now. Thanks for asking.

btw..Whiterime is a weird map. I kept hearing a woman coughing. What's that about? Then every now and then someone would say BOO! Eh?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Sounds like your wearing the free arctic suit. The coughing is you because the cold is affecting you. The 3d arctic suit is somewhat better ( better cold resistance.).

I havnt tried the 405 myself either, for exactly the same reasons.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I bought the Traditional Arctic Suit. Should I be coughing with that one?

They could have used a man coughing.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

OldMtnMan wrote:I bought the Traditional Arctic Suit. Should I be coughing with that one?

They could have used a man coughing.
Hey Pete!! The Traditional Arctic Suit is rated Excellent for cold weather resistance, so you shouldn't hear any coughing unless you stepped in water at some point. When you do hear coughing you need to return to a lodge or heated tent to warm up. Be well buddy!! Jimbo. ;)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I wonder if it's because I wasn't wearing a face mask? It doesn't come with one like the rest of the bundles. I went ahead and bought the Camo Artic Outfit and no more coughing. I noticed with the Traditional outfit it has little sight protection. I was being seen from pretty far away and not many places to hide on that map.

In the end it was all wasted money. I just can't get into that map. Too dreary and boring. I had tried it in the past and I don't know why I thought it would be different this time. I really wasted money buying stuff for it. I didn't need to buy anything to just try it. I have the inline muzzleloader and with the conical it's good for bison. I could have worn the free blue outfit and tried it for free. Dumb on my part.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

OldMtnMan wrote:I never tried Banteng because of the map. I'm not a fan of jungle.

Grizzlies are something i've thought about. I'm loving the Buffalo gun and it would be a great bear gun with the open sights.

I entered an elk comp just to get some practice with the Buffalo gun. It sure is a fun gun to shoot. It sounds like a cannon going off. Makes me smile everytime.

I never feel bad about shooting a grizz and it might be the answer. Wearing the buckskins goes perfect with the Buffalo gun. Same era and I can be traditional without using the caplock which I really don't like. The Buffalo gun is a true replica and it's already my favorite gun.
The jungle might not be for everyone. It's not very friendly with new players who have no equipment other than the free stuff because I think there's only one animal that can be shot with the 243 and shotgun. The environment is a lot of thick brush too. There aren't many open field areas so seeing things can be difficult unless you're along the river. Plenty of places to hide. Banteng are a challenge because of how skittish they are is why I suggested it.

Grizzly can also be a challenge depending upon how you go about hunting them. They can be a realistic hunting experience if they're stalked following tracks slowly. They can be very arcade game like though too. They'll eventually attack when a player chases them sprinting along the tracks they left.
acrobat
Hunter

Post by acrobat »

OldMtnMan wrote:
The game is different. There's no good reason for the kills and there's thousands of them. I can't talk myself into it anymore. I know some will say it's just a game but when I shoot an elk. In my mind, I just shot and killed an elk. It affect me just like I shot a real one. So, I won't do it anymore.

I'm making this thread not to seem dramatic but to say goodbye to the friends i've made. I didn't want to just disappear. So, goodbye. It's been nice knowing you.

Hunt hard and hunt humane.
I think the most important thing for you is to get professional help. Getting exaggerated emotional about gaming illusions does not help you . You are killing here only pixels and in reallife hunting its not that easy as you imagine and its not about the spirit this game provides to the players. This game should not make you believe that you are a real life hunter and you do the same in real life as you do here !
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

acrobat wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:
The game is different. There's no good reason for the kills and there's thousands of them. I can't talk myself into it anymore. I know some will say it's just a game but when I shoot an elk. In my mind, I just shot and killed an elk. It affect me just like I shot a real one. So, I won't do it anymore.

I'm making this thread not to seem dramatic but to say goodbye to the friends i've made. I didn't want to just disappear. So, goodbye. It's been nice knowing you.

Hunt hard and hunt humane.
I think the most important thing for you is to get professional help. Getting exaggerated emotional about gaming illusions does not help you . You are killing here only pixels and in reallife hunting its not that easy as you imagine and its not about the spirit this game provides to the players. This game should not make you believe that you are a real life hunter and you do the same in real life as you do here !
LOL...You have it backwards and don't know me at all. No, I don't need help but i'm suspicious about you.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
acrobat
Hunter

Post by acrobat »

I,m glad to hear you are not needing help . In that case just feel free to enjoy this game and do not waste your time to imagine how it would be in reality .

Return to “General Chat”