Between the seasons

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Between the seasons

Post by Dr_ViEr »

It seems a new season has started, as, although the header of the leaderboard site still announced Season 34, leaderboards have been resetted. I assume that will be changed, soon.

There seems to be some significant change in scoring some animals: although season just started the leading Dall sheep and Ibex exceed long term records by far.
Spoiler:
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: Between the seasons

Post by DanthemanBoone »

There have often been changes to the scoring at season changes. I also are of the opinion that changes are sometimes made to the distribution of some animals ranges and spawning areas and numbers.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Sitka deer also started to score much higher, even before the season change. Either a bug was fixed, or a new one crept in. I have see no official statement.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Zed McJack
Hunter

Post by Zed McJack »

Shouldnt I have a trophy for Sambar no1 place on Leaderboard? I am not sure about it cant remember what is the prize for it.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Zed McJack wrote:Shouldnt I have a trophy for Sambar no1 place on Leaderboard? I am not sure about it cant remember what is the prize for it.
I believe the only (but very nice!) prize for taking #1 place on the leaderboard at the end of the season is that you and your trophy animal get to live forever in the Hall of Fame. :D
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Colin Walker
Scout
Location: ScouseLand, United Kingdom 53°28'58.9"N 2°52'51.4"W

Post by Colin Walker »

As Splainin say's your Sambar will now be there for all to see in the hall of fame, which in itself is a nice prize ;) .
Season 39

Range record- Season 23, Season 25, Season 37 Dall Sheep
PB range, Xbow 580.470, Bow 471.180, Rifle 609.050 , Pistol 274.90, No scope rifle 571.280

2016 Season 16
Zed McJack
Hunter

Post by Zed McJack »

Ah, ok guys, thanks for clearing up this for me.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

I would like the idea of a trophy for hall of fame animals, but - as with all trophies - they are in my opinion pretty useless as long as there is nothing like a cabinet to display them in the lodge.
Spoiler:
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Dr_ViEr wrote:I would like the idea of a trophy for hall of fame animals, but - as with all trophies - they are in my opinion pretty useless as long as there is nothing like a cabinet to display them in the lodge.
I love the idea of a trophy case as well, but understand why that's unlikely as I have a concept about the amount of work involved. It's not just "making a cabinet"...

The weapons already have "3 dimensional" models, and with that are "easy" to put on display in the gun cases. However, all the trophies now, no matter how cool they look, are really just simple, flat (.png) images. I do believe that in order to have a "trophy case" for the lodge that would look even halfway decent, every single one of the trophies would also have to be converted into "3D" models.

Every single one- past, present and future. :shock:

I absolutely would prefer the devs focus their efforts into bug fixes, cheat detection and special events than to use their resources to create all those models that, in reality, the majority of players very likely would never even use. :) :geek:
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

I have seen this problem as well an absolutely agree!
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”