Free Ammo, the prize that never was.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Free Ammo, the prize that never was.

Post by JimboCrow »

splainin2do wrote:With my free ammo prize, I'm hoping to finally get that Canada goose with the longbow... :? I did it once unknowingly and hubby picked it up. Now he has all those missions done, and I haven't been able to do it again since! :shock: :oops: :lol:
Hey splainin2do, I'm coming up to that mission again right away soon, and when I do I'll see if I can't pot one for you too, and let you know to come get it!! I have a strategy: I call them just as they are about land and they turn in right towards me. I shoot them at about 3 meters!!! Can't miss at that distance!!!! It's like shooting those big turkeys from a few years ago!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

JimboCrow wrote:
splainin2do wrote:With my free ammo prize, I'm hoping to finally get that Canada goose with the longbow... :? I did it once unknowingly and hubby picked it up. Now he has all those missions done, and I haven't been able to do it again since! :shock: :oops: :lol:
Hey splainin2do, I'm coming up to that mission again right away soon, and when I do I'll see if I can't pot one for you too, and let you know to come get it!! I have a strategy: I call them just as they are about land and they turn in right towards me. I shoot them at about 3 meters!!! Can't miss at that distance!!!! It's like shooting those big turkeys from a few years ago!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jimbos strat will work but in my experience there sometimes just isnt enough time to switch from short caller to lonbow and make the shot, I find it easier to observe where the geese land without a short caller being used and then just place a blind there and wait. I'v done this mission many times for other players this way :)
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
lx188
Scout

Post by lx188 »

Hehe yup i used max 5days from 30free ammo days... so yee times fly fast....
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Well, I have less than a day left for my free ammo... and I think it was one of the most helpful prizes I ever received! I still might not have shot that goose myself, but I used the tracer arrows with the various bows a *LOT*, and have a much better understanding about how the arrows "fly", shot placement and so on. In doing so, of course my skill levels on those weapons increased as well. I'm very pleased, and now that I see the difference, I may spend the extra gm$ for the tracers after all...

Or perhaps suggest a "1 year unlimited ammo subscription" would make a nice upcoming birthday or Christmas present...? ;)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Buy the tracer bundle and the cost is not so bad. Its all I buy these days.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “General Chat”