Exceptional hunt(kill) without knowing it

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Zed McJack
Hunter

Exceptional hunt(kill) without knowing it

Post by Zed McJack »

Today I was browsing leaderboard to see what are results needed to call my kills at least good as there are too many animals to instantly know is it any good or just an ordinary animal. So I saw that some of my kills are ok but nothing special until I came to Sambar deer and realised that I am at the first place lol.
The hunt
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/zedm ... /112201714
The animal
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/zedm ... /888892763

It was my second hunt since I returned to the Hunter, I think I was doing daily mission but cant remember what it was now, killed one Banteng, one W. Buffalo and 2 Sambar deers, one of them was my personal best and first place on leaderboard. So I missed opportunity to taxidemize such a good trophy and even take a trophy shot.

I think it wood be nice to have some message in the kill screen that says if its PB or LB kill, so that we can take appropriate measures if we want to.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Exceptional hunt(kill) without knowing it

Post by HooCairs »

Nice Sambar stag! I actually think it would be good to be able to tax any animal one has ever shot. I gave this idea to EW (and told them they could make money from it!) but they didn't seem to even consider on the idea.

It would have been a replica generator.
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... ca#p874314
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

In the season the sambhur were introduced they were scoring over 330. If you have been away from the game you probably missed the opportunity.
I was lucky to get a 329.686. Strangely it doesnt show on my PBs but I do have it in my lodge.
Then the scoring was radically changed. now anything over 240 is hard to come by.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Zed McJack wrote: I think it wood be nice to have some message in the kill screen that says if its PB or LB kill, so that we can take appropriate measures if we want to.
I absolutely agree! I made a list with values for all my PBs and, if higher, the value which make each species worth to taxi it. But getting a message would be much more comfortable.

Nice Bull!
That is one reason, I like daily missions for. It forces you to hunt in reserves, you might not use that often.
In my case "Spotting a Dall Sheep" brought me the current #1 sheep. I hope it will stay there for the rest of the season.
Spoiler:
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

Holy poopoo that is a super stag.

Would be great if the harvest screen showed us something like the scoring percentile according to the scoring range (excluding non-scoring animals) of the species. Your Sambar would be in top 3-4%, based on a scoring range 90-270.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

wt_hunting
Scout

Post by wt_hunting »

I have an Excel spreadsheet showing my PB from every season, for every animal, since I started, in season 15. I keep it myself, and have since day one, since it was totally gone for many years from the statistics on the website. It was just recently revived a couple of years ago. I can pretty much say off the top of my head every PB I have on every species, so I surely know when to taxi and animal, or take a trophy shot, etc.

Return to “General Chat”