Summer Fiesta 2022 Missions

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Re: Summer Fiesta 2022 Missions

Post by Dr_ViEr »

I am still struggling with the coyotes.
I had some doubles with one or two more hit (body shots). I tried to track some of them down, but finally lost their tracks

I don't hunt coyotes that often and if, I typically use a rifle.
What happens to the body shot once? Will there finally get down or will they live forever, once bleeding has stopped?
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Body shot coyotes will not die. Even if you wounded one so bad that you could pick it up later, I don't think it would count. The mission completes the second the three coyotes die, not when you pick them up.

Treestand, 25m away, call them from a point so that they don't face you or look away from you, but give you their side. At least 12ga, better 10ga shotgun.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Thanks Hoo,
That is exactly what I am doing so far.
The lucky shot will come - sooner or later...
Spoiler:
paleolith

Post by paleolith »

Since no one has answered this yet, I too have killed multiple common black feral hogs but they never show up as counting (I did get the black piebald goat). Is anyone else having problems getting the common black and common red hogs?
BillieElizabeth wrote:I have killed multiple black feral hog, and two black piebald feral goat, yet they arent showing up as having done so on the comp? Is there a reason for this?
I still have quite a ways to go on this mission, but it's rather frustrating when I can't seem to get it to do right?
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

The blackish colored hogs that we've always had don't count for the mission. It seems it's only the new black common skin that they just released that counts and even though it's considered common like all the other new skins, finding any specific one can be a nuisance. Then new common skins seem overall less common than the original common skins and since the more frequently encountered original skins have a blackish skin, I think that's the source of everyone's confusion. The new black pigs are very black, the old black pigs aren't as solid black.

From what I've seen, the best way to look for the actual solid black ones is to look at their bellies. If the top of the pig looks black but the belly is a slightly lighter color/white, it's definitely an old skin and won't count. Look for a black pig that is 99% uniform in dark grey/black color. The belly is the same color as the back on the new black ones.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

HooCairs wrote:Spice Things Up Round 2
* Kill two Mallards with one shot
* Harvest an airborne Ptarmigan with any Crossbow Pistol. Any Ptarmigan will do.
* Harvest a fleeing Water Buffalo at 100% Harvest Value.

I hope I don't regret spending all this time and then hit a wall in round 3. :P
Two Mallards I think I could do as well as the fleeing WB, but an air-borne Ptarmigan with :shock: Crossbow Pistol....hmmm :? . I'll certainly give it a try if I make it that far. But I think the Spice Things Up Rounds- are beyond me. It is impressive to see some actually succeeding- my hat is off to all of you. Good job! ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Kalti

Post by Kalti »

BillieElizabeth wrote:I have killed multiple black feral hog, and two black piebald feral goat, yet they arent showing up as having done so on the comp? Is there a reason for this?
I still have quite a ways to go on this mission, but it's rather frustrating when I can't seem to get it to do right?
paleolith wrote:Since no one has answered this yet, I too have killed multiple common black feral hogs but they never show up as counting (I did get the black piebald goat). Is anyone else having problems getting the common black and common red hogs?
Something along those lines for sure yeah. For me it seems to centre around the 'Black-White Belted Hog' which I fulfilled with a common black? (Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/VRZ7tzE.jpg)

And it seems I am stuck on fulfilling the 'Harvest a Blonde-Black Spotted Feral Hog' requirement. I believe I shot and bagged two of those, but neither one registered as being the intended trophy.
Spoiler:
Kalti

Post by Kalti »

Kalti wrote:...

And it seems I am stuck on fulfilling the 'Harvest a Blonde-Black Spotted Feral Hog' requirement. I believe I shot and bagged two of those, but neither one registered as being the intended trophy.
Got it done. Not this one, nor this one. But this one :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I have yet to see a White Black Spotted hog. Got the Grey Bobcat. It was the 1st one I spotted on Loggers Point. Chocolate Black Bear, Cin Black Bear, Dark Banteng and that spotted hog is all I need. Good job to the rest of you that have found all those "Smelly Colourful Candies". ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
_Cross

Post by _Cross »

Am I the only one who was too angry to kill the 3 coites?
The worst part was when 2 fell 100% and the other didn't die after being hit by a lung and other times by intestine...

Return to “General Chat”